Can you hear me? My ACR is at Woodhouse!!!

QuickChickLeslie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's here! Ordered February 11, arrived September 19

Well what can I say but a HUGE THANK YOU to Bill at Woodhouse for working his magic,and accepting my car that was ordered thru another dealership, Timberline Dodge in Portland. Bill got right in touch with Russ, had the dealer code changed, made a few calls to the plant, and had my beautiful black/red double stripe (1 of 3 in the color combination for 2008) sent to Nebraska! Gotta love him!

Honestly, I drove Russ and Bill crazy, I am sure of that! Both come highly recommended! And a huge thank you to the plant manager,I apologize, I do not know her name, but she REALLY went to bat for me to get my car in time for an event I am hosting at Pikes Peak International Raceway next weekend.

Another big thank you to Mark Jorgensen, who will have my mod's done, and track ready on Monday! My husband added the Belanger exhaust!

My husband and I will fly into Omaha on Monday, and drive our baby home on Tuesday. I am so thrilled to be a part of the Viper family!

Again, a heartfelt Thank you to Bill, Russ, the sweet plant manager, and Mark!! I truly appreciate all that you have done for me! I will be forever grateful!!! :kiss:

I had to edit my post, due to the fact my brother reminded me that I forgot to thank him, Viper Richie, who has gone round and round for 10 years with my husband on how his Vipers were faster that our Shelby Cobra, well Gotcha, we win!!! :) Our ACR is faster than Viper Richies GTSR! ;)

Leslie and Charles Howard

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A picture of your brothers and sisters to enjoy. These were the first two ACR's to reach Prefix AND the first two ACRs to reach Woodhouse. What are the odds they would have been twins, and NOW we are 3! Verified by Prefix during VOI. Only 3 people ordered this stripe combination during 08. That's Bill and Cheryl when she took delivery, her car on the right, mine on the left.

ACR51.jpg

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did...

Leslie, you have a great looking car coming!!!

(And according to SRT, lowering the seat will cause the airbag light to illuminate and cause numerous faults through the ECU. :( )

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I know. Some really smart computer guy will figure it out, I give it six months. And remember, you did not adjust the pedals, If you had you could have slid your body downward and forward in the seat a few inches. We need to have another fitting session, with pedal adjustment.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I know. Some really smart computer guy will figure it out, I give it six months. And remember, you did not adjust the pedals, If you had you could have slid your body downward and forward in the seat a few inches. We need to have another fitting session, with pedal adjustment.

True. I did that in my car prior to the seat-lowering kit and it worked pretty well. Of course I'd need to drive it to see if it really works or not. :lmao::drive::dunno:

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Leslie from the other "twin". You will love that car when you get it! Enjoy!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I thought they were closing PPIR? Good to hear it didn't happen. Give us some feedback on the ACR compared to the Cobra. That should be interesting...

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your viper!!!!! When you get the pictures we'd love to see them!:2tu:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well unless you took the scenic route through Nebraska (the only thing on the scenic route in Nebraska is Woodhouse) then you should be home by now, so...
:needpics:

OP
OP
Q

QuickChickLeslie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well what can I say?
We flew out on Monday to Omaha, Woodhouse was there to greet us and drive us to the dealership, and what a dealership it is! We were greeted by Bill and Mark, took care of the final business, and while we were waiting for the car, Bill took us around to look at Viper collection! WOW, so many to choose from!

He drove us back to the dealership, and we were told the car was ready, we walked out the service area, and there it was! Our beautiful black/red ACR! Bill handed my husband the keys, Charles gave Bill a huge hug, kinda like Charles just won the car on the Price is Right! Went thru the car, Charles took off all the plastic, Bill took some pictures of us, and gave more hugs and off we went!

We got on I-80, heading West, loving the car, and what do you know, State Trooper with the lights on! We were pulled over with 42 miles on the odometer! Yes, 42! The trooper just wanted to verify paperwork, and drivers license! Hilarious! Off we went down 1-80.

We decided to drive to Hastings, and visit George, who owns MPH Hastings race track. He was out at the Guardrail Club, so we stopped by, showed him the car, and we decided to spend the night in one of the track Condos. We pulled our ACR into the garage, and what do we see, our 427 Cobra that we sold to get the Viper! When I saw the cobra, I felt a tad bit guilty for a second, but then kicked Cobra the curb! It was Viper love. It was awesome to wake up bright and early at the race track!

We got on the road early, had lots of people taking pictures of the Viper when we were driving by! Kinda like Rockstar status! ;)

Driving the Viper on the open road was just amazing! We drove 80mph all the way. Tempted many times to open it up, but had to take it easy. I had a friend send me text, said "I know a bail bondsman, jump on it!"

I know the name is not a "snake" name, but we have decided to call our ACR "ANGUS" the ACR reminds us of a crazy bull at a rodeo that is behind a gate, just snorting, kicking and bucking, and wants to break free! So Angus is his name!

Yesterday, I blew off all my responsibilities, picked up a friend and put 115 miles on the car! What a great day! Took me two hours to calm down when I came home. I was hyped up from driving all day. It was great!

We are ready for the track this weekend! I have posted a few pictures! I will take more this weekend!

Leslie and Charles

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

A very good story. Only wish you had taken a picture of your car with the HP that pulled you over. That would have been a good one to keep.

Beautiful car and good experience for you!
Welcome Angus!(and Leslie & Charles:D)

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Leslie! I am glad to hear you have finally picked up the car, now that you have it you won't even remember the hassle in getting it. Enjoy it, and I hope your first track outing goes well for you.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I saw that you named your ACR Angus I was thinking of a different Angus, the lead guitarist of AC/DC :D! He also fits the image you're describing, and they just released a director's cut of their No Bull DVD too not long ago, a live registration of a concert in Spain.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story Leslie! Thanks for the pics too. The car looks awesome, I hope I get to see it sometime soon. If you want more miles on it before your track track time bring Angus up north a little ways!
Congrats!:2tu:

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Leslie, not sure if you remember me but I was participating in your race weekends a few years ago. I had an '01 sapphire/silver GTS at one of your events in 2003 I think.

Have a great time at PPIR this weekend and PLEASE be careful heading into turn 1...you know what I mean :)

Wish you would have stopped in Goodland, KS on your way home so another of your students (Scott Lockhart) and myself could check out your ACR.

Dave Thede

OP
OP
Q

QuickChickLeslie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Leslie, not sure if you remember me but I was participating in your race weekends a few years ago. I had an '01 sapphire/silver GTS at one of your events in 2003 I think.

Have a great time at PPIR this weekend and PLEASE be careful heading into turn 1...you know what I mean :)

Wish you would have stopped in Goodland, KS on your way home so another of your students (Scott Lockhart) and myself could check out your ACR.

Dave Thede

Hi Dave! Yes I remember you and Scott, missed you both this weekend! And yes, I know what you mean about Turn 1!

We had a fantastic turnout, "Angus" loves the track! We put over 200 miles on the car this weekend. Oil pressure runs right over 75psi. The only car that could out accelerate us on the straightaway was a 700hp GT2! I will upload the pictures, but someone will have to redo them, since I am only able to post links.

Leslie

Last edited: