Can you trust your dealer?

Tipsy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a new SRT10 owner since December. I love the car. In the last two days it has developed a rear undercarriage squeak that sounds like it's an old pickup truck. My question is, can you take it to any dealer and trust it to them, or do you need to be selective in some way? (I live in west LA any good experiences?).

Also, I can say it is considerably faster than my father's 911 tubo x-50 450hp. Unfortuneatly, it is hard to control compared to the Porsche which is very smooth and never loses composure. I have already spun around in dust covered mountain roads and lost the car to the reapir shop for 7 weeks. I'm ready for some Viper Days I think.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you located? Many great dealers around, just have to follow the lead here.

Do you think you are ready for some wheel-to-wheel action! :p

Viper Days would give you alot more knowledge about your car!

OP
OP
T

Tipsy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm at the top on mountains over Malibu, easy acces to the valley or Santa Monica. You can understand the mountain road action considering the continuos mud slides around here.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You can't trust a dealer any farther than you can throw them....

Used to be Dan Cragin worked at a dealer, now he's solo. He is the only one I would trust on the West Side. I think he does warranty work now, call him before you let some pimple-faced, no-experience kid touch it!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ViperTech availability has shifted in SoCal. It used to be that all the best ViperTech worked for dealerships. They were not well treated by the dealerships, and now have opened their own, very busy shops.
Dodge has begun putting Viper motors into pickup trucks. Maybe the mixed things up and put a pickup truck rear suspension in your Viper ;>)

The SoCal club has recently hosted tech days at Dan Cragin's DC Performance in LA, John Hortons West Coast Vipers in Temecula, and Dave Jenkins Victory Viper in San Juan Capistrano. All great facilities. We are blessed to have the availability of these professional mechanics.

From your location, I would also suggest you contact Dan Cragin at DC (310) 841-6996, and ask his advice on the issue. Might be a simple fix, and if not they can refer you to a Viper friendly dealership.

OP
OP
T

Tipsy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your advice. It's really nice to have such an active community, and so much help i.e. the forums. I really believe in the car, and it's concept. It may have a lot of issues that regular cars don't have to worry about (rear diffs breaking etc.) but thats because it's not a normal car.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"Thank you very much for your advice. It's really nice to have such an active community, and so much help i.e. the forums. I really believe in the car, and it's concept. It may have a lot of issues that regular cars don't have to worry about (rear diffs breaking etc.) but thats because it's not a normal car."

What a nice way to start the day, we need more people like you around here, you have a positive attitude. Vipers by no means are normal cars, with so much torque, anything can happen.
Mike

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the ride, welcome to Viper Nation! Just be careful until you get used to the car, then youll have fun :cool:

Dan, Chris, and Kevin at DC Performance are superbly capable Viper Techs. They are the only people who work on my GTS and my brothers RT/10. They are a little hard to find though. From your location, just take the 10 East, exit Robertson, make a sharp left at the light (Venice), a left at Robertson (the next stop sign), then a right on Livonia (T-intersection) and keep going to the end of the cul-de-sac.

Good luck, Im sure they will get any problems sorted out for you. :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
From your location, see Dan Cragin.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go to Chuck and leave my car there for a week. You think I trust him???

same here.

so to answer your question do I trust my dealer??? HELL YEAH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang