Canadian Gen 5 pricing announced

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Chrysler Canada: Canadian Pricing for 2013 SRT Viper Models Announced
• Street and Racing Technology (SRT) brand’s flagship performance machine returns with more
power and performance, superior craftsmanship, new technologies and creature comforts
• Two new models include SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS
• All-aluminum, mid-front 8.4-litre V10 engine delivers 640 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the
most torque of any naturally aspirated sports car engine in the world
• Triple-digit weight reduction results in Viper best power-to-weight ratio
Windsor, Ontario , Sep 12, 2012 - Chrysler Canada announced today pricing for the two models of
the all-new 2013 SRT Viper.
2013 SRT Viper
• The Canadian manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the 2013 SRT Viper model is $99,
995 (excluding destination)
• The SRT Viper offers a blend of extreme performance and deliberate preservation of what has
become the iconic DNA of the Viper to deliver a supercar that continues to bring the driver as close as
possible to the machine
2013 SRT Viper GTS
• Canadian MSRP for the 2013 SRT Viper GTS model is $119,995 (excluding destination)
• The SRT Viper GTS builds on the DNA of the SRT Viper model with more technologically advanced
solutions, like two mode active suspension, to allow this world-class GTS to find new capabilities on
the track while also opening up its envelope as a more premium and mature evolution of the classic,
extreme performance formula
Under the hood of both models is the all-aluminum, mid-front 8.4-litre V10 engine that delivers 640
horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports car engine in
the world.
Both SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS models offer new interior and exterior designs incorporating
premium materials. New exterior surfaces with aerodynamically functional details are beautifully

integrated into the high-tech carbon fibre and aluminum skin, which helps produce a triple-digit weight
reduction and a Viper best power-to-weight ratio.
On the inside, designers and engineers strived to rethink all touch points; and upgrade all material
appointments and technologies.
Production of the iconic supercar will begin at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, Michigan
(U.S.A.) – the home for Viper since 1995 – in November 2012

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets see how many canadian guys step up and buy a 2013 car. we cant get a better deal now. time to step up people.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What difference will it make if they buy it from US and ship it? :D:rolaugh::omg::lmao:

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Support local when possible. They have to buy special tools, train mechanics. More they are supported better service you will get. Best part where I am Wellington Motors supports Viper club.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Support local when possible. They have to buy special tools, train mechanics. More they are supported better service you will get. Best part where I am Wellington Motors supports Viper club.
your lucky to be so close to wellington motors, i bought a few cars from them. nice people to deal with.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if he drives it to the next country and maybe live there or sell it to someone else? It is not like owning the car will enforce your whereabouts!

Reaction score
That may be true, but then it is technically a used car if it was sold to a private owner and not another "broker" first with residence in the US.

What if he drives it to the next country and maybe live there or sell it to someone else? It is not like owning the car will enforce your whereabouts!

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're buying a "Used" car from the states, Dodge still has to honor the warranty up here.

Are you 100% sure about that? Unless something has changed Dodge and Honda and Acura all voided the warranty as soon as a Can citizen plated an imported car? Its easy to say they have to honor it but actually getting it honored may be a totally different challenge. That being said, a Viper is the only super car I wouldnt be concerned with warranty. The damn things are bullet proof. If I could save 10 g on the purchase I woudnt worry for 1 second about warranty. The good thing is that they have priced the new ones almost identical to the US side so for a change it wont be an issue where to buy it as there are basically no savings by shopping down south. Good on Dodge for stepping up and finally pricing the cars accordingly.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately not! If you read the actually warranty statements on the Viper, it specially states warranty for US in US and warranty for Canada in Canada. There are actually two different warranty statements, one for each country. If it were true, we would have all you Fort Mac Boys flying down in chartered jets to take Vipers back by the truck load, especially with a $0.96 usd.

Just sold my GEN III Viper to someone from North of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. No warranty in Canada and if he ever needs the remaining 1.2 years of Maxcare Extended Warranty it still has, he has to trailer the car back down to the US to get it fixed. Good thing he bought a low mile 100% perfect car from me. Also he has no emission BS to worry about so he is loving the full Belangers.

Man I wish someone would punt the damn useless EPA down here. The emissions BS is totally out of control. Nothing but a money grab and PITA.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work for a dealer in Ontario and I could not even warranty a cat on my own viper. Soon as the car is regestered in a different country then it was purchaced from, your Chrysler warranty is done. The only way I can warranty anthing on a US car is if it has US tags still on it.

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price is too close to even consider US car. If my dealer is spending 25,000 to service car. You should buy local. Will take a while to earn that money back. PLUS every year they have to update.

Last edited:

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I price is too close to even consider US car. If my dealer is spending 25,000 to service car. You should buy local. Will take a while to earn that money back. PLUS every year they have to update.

You are not the only Ontario dealer who is going spend the 25G Mike ;). We will have to have a beer and trade tech stores in North Carolina. Hope to see you there.

Garrett

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler warranty is Disappointing . Buy A Ford and it is warrantied across North America and they will look after you , Hell the Viper Plant is only 30 minutes from Canada . Bad Policy just saying . :(

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is any part of the new Gen V made in Canada?

I seem to recall that in the early Gen's, the frame was manufactured in Canada for assembly in Michigan.

Was sort of need having a little tiny piece of Viper as a shoutout to the Canadian Viper fans, not unlike the Canadarm on the US space shuttle missions.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well for what it's worth, the Ford warranty across the board can state whatever it wants, however you can not longer import ANY year Shelby modified Shelby's, nor Ford Shelbys newer than 2008, nor Saleens or Roushs newer than 1996 into Canada. New import rules just went into effect August 1st, 2012. That means no Shelby modified Supersnakes or anything to come out of Las Vegas for any year.

Honestly as a dual citizen, I just don't understand why the Canadians put up with this BS. Time to not be "nice Canadians" and lynch that Canadian car czar and mofia up there. Just when you thought the Canadian import laws could not be any stupider.

Sorry boys, I feel for yah!

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am talking that. Not sure how you did it Mike as my uncle was turned back on his 2013 GT-500 and it was a big mess. I can e-mail you the new import law that specifically states this all. It is effective August 1st, 2012.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I just have a coupla of comments to make....the only part of the SRT Viper that is CANADIAN is Ralph Gilles!!!!!!!

Also Wellington Motors is terrific...(as Mike said) a huge supporter and lover of vipers and the VCA/VCO ......
Back in '99 they saved me from having to replace (a just off warranty) GTS engine by doing a simple repair instead.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget the warranty now, can the car be pre-owned and then sold outside the states?

I know someone who once bought a new Camaro and shipped it out as pre-owned but I don't know if this applies to Gen V since it is US exclusive or wether the Camaro was also US exclusive at their 1st year!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang