Canadian Vipers Beware.....

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So obviously Canadian police forces dont rely on speeding ticket revenue like American police forces do. Not to mention all the times cops get lucky and get a $500,000 drug bust just b/c they pulled a guy over for speeding and smelled marijuana in the car. I dont see this happening in the US (or Canada) anytimeeeeeee soon

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Won't happen in our lifetime, too many other variables. What you might see is a GPS device installed with your onboard computer. This little gadget will tell everyone who needs to know, just how fast you were going when you spun out and hit that tree.

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see this but with a little twist. Instead of not allowing the car to exceed the speed limit it would generate and send in the mail an automatic ticket any time you exceeded the limit. Generates revenue and cuts down in labor costs since you wouldn't need a cop.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When we were in Switzerland nobody was speeding on the highways. My friend explained that they have this system in place that takes your picture and sends you an expensive ticket in the mail (kind of like if you blow through an ezpass here).

I can see this but with a little twist. Instead of not allowing the car to exceed the speed limit it would generate and send in the mail an automatic ticket any time you exceeded the limit. Generates revenue and cuts down in labor costs since you wouldn't need a cop.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have photo radar in Winnipeg and it ***** when you forget to slow down at those intersections. A good radar detector will help remind you though.
As far as this Star wars Speed Trap. By the time our government enforces something like this, they will have created such a deficit that they we won't be able to afford to put it to use LOL

ZOOMBI U

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black boxes were first put in cars in the mid-1990s to tell airbags when to deploy. Event-data recorders have now evolved into devices that can store multiple data elements, including engine speed, vehicle speed, air-bag deployment, seat-belt use, and the state of the brakes before and during a crash.There are black boxes in 25 million North American vehicles.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/cars/blackboxes/

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We had photo radar for a short while on which the government spent a fortune in taxpayers dollars just to scrap it a short time later....
It's an interesting article,but I also think it's years away from reality!
Cops up here are just as much into collecting revenue from tickets as anywhere else.
What I find is that on the highways,the speed limit is 60 but(in most cases)the tolerance is 70.School zones etc has zero tolerance meaning you're risking it at any speed over the posted limit.
There are some great cops that don't neccesarily always go by the book....about a year ago I was riding home at about 1 A.M. on my sport bike doing just about twice the legal speed limit on a rural road with nobody in sight(wanting to get home,tired etc).I get pulled over by the cruiser,spent a few minutes talking bikes with the cop just to be let go with as much as a warning and a handshake.Wish they were all like that!

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know - if a free society accepts computer control over their actions, they deserv this kind of control. However, if no one is responsibl for their action and sues someone else, I guess restricting these kind of persons freedom is justified as they do not accept responsiblity while they have control of the their right foot.

In any case, it just makes non-black box cars (ie older vipers) more valuable unless you like being tracked through the airbag speedo rpm inputs into the memory.
FYI - I do not believe Gen I, Gen II or GEN III use rpm speed or yaw data recorders - is that correct.
Unfortunately - BMW, etc do have these data loggers.

Food for thought if you are thinking of selling your car.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is pretty interesting. Would be interesting to see in action but I do not think anytime soon. Can you imagine how many shops or "back-door" places would be finding ways to bypass this. That would be the new business.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is pretty interesting. Would be interesting to see in action but I do not think anytime soon. Can you imagine how many shops or "back-door" places would be finding ways to bypass this. That would be the new business.

A pair of wire cutters would be all I need! :nana: :nana:

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as we keep the Vipers we presently have, we'll be able to drive the same as we always do. Just let someone try to require the modification on every car presently on the road! :bonker:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960