Can't get insured - Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Take the grundy use the difference to pay for an umbrella policy on your house for $1,000,000...that should cost $500 a year

I already have a $1 mil Allstate umbrella policy.

I spoke to my Allstate agent, and he said because of the number of cars (4) and drivers (4) in my household, and with two young drivers (kids 19 and soon to be 16), if I remove the Viper and Vette from the Allstate policy, and put both cars with Grundy, I'll save $2,600.00 a year. Wow, this is a great forum.

Has anyone filed a claim with Grundy yet? and if so, how were they with the claim?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grundy does have a good rep that includes on the alley as well.....

Insurance is just a big game... My ALLSTATE agent stll insists that allstate does not insure vipers.... SO i gave him the phone number of Dave6666's agent who has a viper insured with allstate...My agent called me back and said OK we can add the viper to the policy but when the policy comes up for renewal you will be cancelled..

Insurance is just getting out of hand... between life,auto, health,malpractice, i'm paying $65,000.oo a year as a self employed individual

Last edited:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For my 97 GTS with $1000 deductible and 100/300/100 coverage, I pay $576 per 6 months with Progressive. I have a clean record with no tickets or accidents.

Reaction score
Grundy does have a good rep that includes on the alley as well.....

Insurance is just a big game... My ALLSTATE agent stll insists that allstate does not insure vipers.... SO i gave him the phone number of Dave6666's agent who has a viper insured with allstate...My agent called me back and said OK we can add the viper to the policy but when the policy comes up for renewal you will be cancelled..

Insurance is just getting out of hand... between life,auto, health,malpractice, i'm paying $65,000.oo a year as a self employed individual

Allstate has my Viper insured for almost three years now, so they surely insure Vipers.
I agree with the cost of all insurance getting out of hand, its cost me several thousand a month for all my insurances.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For my 97 GTS with $1000 deductible and 100/300/100 coverage, I pay $576 per 6 months with Progressive. I have a clean record with no tickets or accidents.

You are grossly under insured. A no damage bump at a stop light can easily lead to a claim far in excess of $100k. For anyone with any assets to speak of, the bare minimum liabiltiy coverage should be $1 mil. $2 or $3 mil or more is much better. Just as important as protecting your assets if you inadvertently seriously injure someone, big liability limits allow you to have big uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If you get seriously hurt by one of the millions of uninsured or underinsured mopes out there and lose a limb, your sight, suffer a brain injury and/or can't work anymore the only meaningful insurance you'll have is your own UM/UIM coverage. And how far will a lousy $100k go under those circumstances?

BTW, with only $100k in liability coverage, you are in the category of seriously underinsured. You only need be inattentive for a split second to hit a pedestrian or otherwise cause a serious accident. It can happen to anyone. If you think you are immune to mistakes, you need an ego check. And, as stated before, $100k is next to nothing in the context of a serious injury. It isn't much even in the context of some seemingly minor accidents.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I already have a $1 mil Allstate umbrella policy.

I spoke to my Allstate agent, and he said because of the number of cars (4) and drivers (4) in my household, and with two young drivers (kids 19 and soon to be 16), if I remove the Viper and Vette from the Allstate policy, and put both cars with Grundy, I'll save $2,600.00 a year. Wow, this is a great forum.

Has anyone filed a claim with Grundy yet? and if so, how were they with the claim?

Do it, they are a good company.

Wallbanger - I had my Viper with allstate for about 5 months before I switched it to grundy. Your agent probably doesn't want a claim filed for a totaled Viper for 2 reasons, its not an agreed value & it goies against his compensation in the year end bonus!

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At this point I feel EXTREMELY fortunate! My husband and I are both 26...

93 Supercharged RT/10: $50,000 Agreed Value, Full Coverage (100,000/300,000 limits) - unlimited miles w/ $1,000 deductible @ $803.56 / year

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are grossly under insured. A no damage bump at a stop light can easily lead to a claim far in excess of $100k. For anyone with any assets to speak of, the bare minimum liabiltiy coverage should be $1 mil. $2 or $3 mil or more is much better. Just as important as protecting your assets if you inadvertently seriously injure someone, big liability limits allow you to have big uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If you get seriously hurt by one of the millions of uninsured or underinsured mopes out there and lose a limb, your sight, suffer a brain injury and/or can't work anymore the only meaningful insurance you'll have is your own UM/UIM coverage. And how far will a lousy $100k go under those circumstances?

BTW, with only $100k in liability coverage, you are in the category of seriously underinsured. You only need be inattentive for a split second to hit a pedestrian or otherwise cause a serious accident. It can happen to anyone. If you think you are immune to mistakes, you need an ego check. And, as stated before, $100k is next to nothing in the context of a serious injury. It isn't much even in the context of some seemingly minor accidents.

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT points..especially when one considers raising their limits is actually not that expensive....

Reaction score
I just got the paperwork from Grundy, it says:

"...will be used for hobby purposes and exhibition and will not be used for primarily for general transportation. It will not be used for back up transportation or for errands. It will not be driven to work or school or used for business or commercial purposes."

You are not allowed to take the car on errands, let's say my wife took the kid ice-skating, so I can see her getting into an accident and Grundy denying the claim because she drove him to the rink. That brutal.

Does this bother anyone?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the paperwork from Grundy, it says:

"...will be used for hobby purposes and exhibition and will not be used for primarily for general transportation. It will not be used for back up transportation or for errands. It will not be driven to work or school or used for business or commercial purposes."

You are not allowed to take the car on errands, let's say my wife took the kid ice-skating, so I can see her getting into an accident and Grundy denying the claim because she drove him to the rink. That brutal.

Does this bother anyone?

I have Grundy, doesn't bother me. It depends on how you use your Viper. I don't use it for work, school, commercial or business purposes. I have my daily driver for that. I gave Grundy a list of questions to answer about the use of the Viper once I'm on their policy. I gave them a list of all kinds of questions regarding what I can do and can't do with the Viper. The answers that came back were fine. They're not going to penalize you if you stopped at Stop & Shop for some bottled water on the way to a NY/CT VCA event and someone smacks into the Viper in the parking lot. They won't penalize you for attending a driving event so long as its not a timed event. I sleep great at night knowing that if (hopefully never happens) I wreck my Viper Grundy will have a $60K check waiting for me.

Reaction score
I have Grundy, doesn't bother me. It depends on how you use your Viper. I don't use it for work, school, commercial or business purposes. I have my daily driver for that. I gave Grundy a list of questions to answer about the use of the Viper once I'm on their policy. I gave them a list of all kinds of questions regarding what I can do and can't do with the Viper. The answers that came back were fine. They're not going to penalize you if you stopped at Stop & Shop for some bottled water on the way to a NY/CT VCA event and someone smacks into the Viper in the parking lot. They won't penalize you for attending a driving event so long as its not a timed event. I sleep great at night knowing that if (hopefully never happens) I wreck my Viper Grundy will have a $60K check waiting for me.

I'm not concerned with the Viper, it never leaves my site, its the wife's vette, she sometimes goes to the gym to workout, takes the kid somewhere, goes to the food store, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960