Cant wait for MOPARs CF goodies? Seibon to the rescue

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some sweet looking stuff from Vivid Racing. Seibon CF goodies for the G5.........

http://www.vividracing.com/blog/project-cars/srt-viper-sneak-peak-with-loads-of-carbon-fiber/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j08YuAMjn5Y&feature=player_embedded

You must be registered for see images attach

I wish the front lip was more aggressive though but this is still a nice piece.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am at a loss for words about that hood. Not in a good way. To each their own.

But that rear applique, mmmm

Any interior CF?

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for VividRacing and Seibon!!! What an disappointment Mopar has turned out to be. I could see there being issues if the company was broke, but the last two years Chrysler has been making money. No excuses for the lack of customer product support.

I'd love to see the car next week, where are they displaying it at SEMA?

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for VividRacing and Seibon!!! What an disappointment Mopar has turned out to be. I could see there being issues if the company was broke, but the last two years Chrysler has been making money. No excuses for the lack of customer product support.

I'd love to see the car next week, where are they displaying it at SEMA?

Cheers,
George

It will be displayed at the Seibon booth according to the link above. Wish I could be there...

VS I don't have a critical eye when it comes to CF. What do you see wrong? The weave? Is it warped?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just rewatched the Video closely on my big screen. Horrible gaps to the body. Not good. Watching it on the Iphone hid that mess....Hope its just a fitment issue that can be adjusted.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that is some CF. That hood is a piece of art. SEMA ***** ... because I can't get in.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be displayed at the Seibon booth according to the link above. Wish I could be there...

VS I don't have a critical eye when it comes to CF. What do you see wrong? The weave? Is it warped?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just rewatched the Video closely on my big screen. Horrible gaps to the body. Not good. Watching it on the Iphone hid that mess....Hope its just a fitment issue that can be adjusted.

It is just too much for me, it just doesn't work IMHO (visually).

Happy to see CF parts though!

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I would have to paint it body color but leave the vents exposed CF. I like CF accents. If its more than accents it can ruin the cars look imho. I wonder how much weight savings, if any, there would be with these pieces. I also would love to see the cost of these in relation to Mopars prices. Since seeing the gaps in the video I cant get past them now lol. I really hope it just a fitment adjustable issue. That's a lot of carbon and Im sure money to not have it fit as close to OEM or better, as possible. Speaking from experience aftermarket CF pieces never seem to fit "exactly" right.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hood already is 100% CF, I think the idea is here to have it exposed? I could see the ENTIRE car being CF, who knows.

That's why I wondered, negligible savings at best. It would be lovely to have an all CF snake. The VR/Seibon Viper reminds me in passing of the G3 McLaren Viper from a few years back with the white/carbon theme.
You must be registered for see images

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Props to companies stepping up in the Viper market. Even if everyone doesn't like it, it is a good thing to have.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the car with hood painted. He also said the Vipers stock hood is not 100% CF so maybe there may be minute weight savings. The stripes on the hood are exposed CF.

Vividracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys thanks for everything we just love the viper and wanted to offer some options. Monday we will begin selling the items. I will reply to all the people that have inquired about pricing. We also have developed an intake system, stainless high flow cats, and cat delete pipes, stainless exhaust and full titanium exhaust.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome work!! Big props for stepping up in the aftermarket! Ti exhaust!! :drive:

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys thanks for everything we just love the viper and wanted to offer some options. Monday we will begin selling the items. I will reply to all the people that have inquired about pricing. We also have developed an intake system, stainless high flow cats, and cat delete pipes, stainless exhaust and full titanium exhaust.

Fantastic!!! I'm glad to see this. Be sure to do a weight comparison on your Ti exhaust vs stock.

Could you elaborate on the stock hood not being 100% CF?

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY a titanium exhaust this car always deserved. So much potential weight savings it was always nobrainer to me. So glad to see this car getting some love from the aftermarket.

I'm sure some CF engine covers to replace the factory plastic ones would also be more than welcomed.

99sh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Seibon piece all CF? Or just top and bottom layer with fiberglass in between?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who installed the upper winglets upside down? And the larger winglets on top? Why doesn't the rear diffuser have slats? Also, raise the wing about 12 inches and get it into the airstream! Get those things right and you will have an ACR clone before its built...it would surely have some track buyers who can't wait for the ACR (which may or may not ever be built)!

Last edited:

Vividracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The good news is we do custom work so whatever you want can be done. The upper carbon front bumper canards don't need to be installed (optional). The rear diffuser we have a more aggressive design being made. The wing will have different options for uprights 10" and 4".

Most of the parts are currently available however production will be ready in 4 weeks. Hopefully this link is ok with the moderators otherwise it can be deleted.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/search/srt+viper 2013.html

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good news is we do custom work so whatever you want can be done. The upper carbon front bumper canards don't need to be installed (optional). The rear diffuser we have a more aggressive design being made. The wing will have different options for uprights 10" and 4".

Most of the parts are currently available however production will be ready in 4 weeks. Hopefully this link is ok with the moderators otherwise it can be deleted.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/search/srt+viper 2013.html

^^:2tu: If I had an SRT, this is what I would do. It would look great and I bet that would be very fast on the track, should beat the TA, esp with some good slicks. I presume your rear wing attaches to the preexisting hatch supports?

For comparison...

Personally, I would prefer a bigger rear wing and front splitter (more like G4 ACR). I wish you could gin one up in the shop and post some pics!

Last edited: