Car and Driver Magazine - SRT10

joshwars

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I received the new issue of Car and Driver in the mail today, the SRT-10 shares co-covers with the new Mustang Cobra.

Highlights from the article on page 43-45:

Writer once again highlights the improved handling of the SRT10.
To quote the writer, "The major impression from our short drive of the car is one of improved sophistication. All the controls work in greater harmony now. There's a sense of more complete integration in the whole car, from what feels like a stiffer, better-isolated structure through a more refined suspension, a slicker transmission, and a more linear steering gear."

Estimated base price: $73,000

Estimated performance: 0-60 in 4.0 sec
12.0 sec @ 115 mph 1/4 mile
195 mph top speed
Fuel economy (who cares!): 10 city / 20 highway

Seems the overall theme matches the new body style, refinement.

On page 44 C&D has a shot of the car from a rear angle, I know I have seen this shot before, I have even seen the SRT-10 at CAAP, but this angle shot that the photographer pulled off here makes the SRT-10 look awfully mean, I need one!

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoshW:
"The major impression from our short drive of the car is one of improved sophistication. All the controls work in greater harmony now. There's a sense of more complete integration in the whole car, from what feels like a stiffer, better-isolated structure through a more refined suspension, a slicker transmission, and a more linear steering gear."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. I guess Dodge's PR campaign is working if they're getting the press to write stuff like that ("slicker transmission") when in fact the transmission hasn't changed.

The word is on the street that the SRT is more sophisticated, and so that's what's being propagated in the media!

(Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the SRT is more refined....)

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:
12.0@115 for the 1/4. what's with that?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Car and Driver is known for slow acceleration times (so their guesses would probably be slow too). Just wait until Motortrend tests it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude