car show today/rare car (pics)

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took the Viper to a high end car show today with many Ferarri's, Lambo's, etc., but there were two cars that attracted the most attention, one being the Viper. See if you can find it!
4780Pict0074-med.jpg

Here is another car you don't see everyday, it is a Lotus.

4780Pict0070-med.jpg

I will save the best for last, and I won't tell you what it is..........yet.
Let's see if someone can guess what it is. I will give you a few hints though.
800+ hp, top speed of 242 mph, only one currently in the USA, one of 24 in the world.

4780Pict0061-med.jpg

4780Pict0053-med.jpg

I have many more pics of this car and can post them if you like.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, Viper is best.

I do really like that Konigsegg though, it is quite a machine, but they sell for $550K in the UK, that's alot of Vipers !! We have them Lotus things running around over here, they're fairy quick around the track, being light and handle well.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somehow taking a '99-01 Mustang Cobra engine, beefing it up some and putting a centrifugal blower on it, and wrapping it up in an exotic looking body with a nice chassis doesn't add up to $500k to me, but maybe it's just me.

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the Koenigsegg as well. Handling and power surpassing the Enzo, and built like a work of art. You can check them out at www.koenigsegg.com.

Apparently they're being imported (made in Sweden) by a company in Lighthouse Point, Florida. That's probably why you saw one at your show. And the price I was quoted was @ $495k US.

Technical Data Koenigsegg CC8S:
Performance:
Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0–62 mph) under 3.5 seconds
Top speed: 390 km/h (240 mph)
Standing quartermile: 10 seconds, end speed 217 km/h (135 mph)
Braking distance: 32 m (100–0 km/h)

And they make a CCR model that's even faster!

Yes, more pics would be nice!

Ray

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree that 500k is a lot of money, more than I would pay for a car, but for a few people in the world that amount is pocket change. The marketing guy that I talked to told me it is not your standard ford v-8 block out of a mustang. They start with a Ford Formula 1 block and go from there. I asked many questions, some of which he was unable to answer, such as how many pounds of boost they were running. I poked my head around the engine compartment and found the vortech supercharger at the right front of the engine. Overall, it was a unique looking car for sure and was the number one draw at the show. A few lucky people who were interested got to go for a test ride with the factory rep. Here are a few more pics.

4780Pict0065-med.jpg

4780Pict00661-med.jpg

4780Pict0062-med.jpg

4780Pict00561-med.jpg

And one more of the second most popular car at the show to keep our Viper moral up!

4780Pict0057-med.jpg

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The marketing guy that I talked to told me it is not your standard ford v-8 block out of a mustang. They start with a Ford Formula 1 block and go from there.

You know those marketing guys. :rolleyes: Ford's only involvement in F1 is through its Jaguar team (which it actually has put up for sale), which is supplied with engines from Ford's Cosworth subsidiary. However, given that Cosworth's and Team Jaguar's F1 engines are 3 liter V-10's, there would be quite a lot of "going from there" to turn it into a 4.7 liter V-8. The truth is that Koenigsegg gets the blocks from Teksid, the same Italian supplier that Ford contracted to build the same blocks for the '96-99 Cobras. Now Teksid also supplies Ferrari with blocks for its F1 cars, but they bear no resemblance to the 4.6 liter aluminum blocks we're talking about. So if he had told you they got the blocks from a supplier of F1 engine blocks, that would be accurate, though still misleading because Koenigsegg in fact uses the same block and bare heads Ford used in the earlier Cobras. Nice pics by the way.

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RedGts, thanks for the good info, the guy was trying to promote the car, but had limited technical knowledge.
I would expect the guy to know the car inside and out, but obviously he didn't.

Neil, they never had the top off, sorry, no pics.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim,
sweet car! notice that Tims car is lined up to one bettle and several Ferrari's and yet he's the only one with his hood up! :D Were is the CC 8S located down there?

Ron

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang