Car shut off wont start - Need help

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was low on gas so i pulled in a gas station and suddenly my car turned off. i thought i ran out of gas but the light JUST had come on.

the fuel gauge moves.. the radio turns on.. the lights of the car including the headlines turn on..

BUT CAR wont turn.. i put the key on the on posotion and push the clutch in and press the ignition button and NOTHING happens except the radio light turns off while i press it.

ALL 4 guages in the console are on zero where the little red light is on.. and they wont budge at all. TOW truck guy tried to jump it but nothing really happend..

i figure it could be a loose wire to the controller.. i dont think its a fuse.. any help would be appreciated it. thanks!

2004 black mamba 35k miles..

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i keep thinking its a dead battery.. but how can a dead battery.. turn on the radio.. all the gauges.. the headlights.. etc.. etc..

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did the car loose power before it shut off? sluggish of sort, lights dim?

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did the car loose power before it shut off? sluggish of sort, lights dim?

well the car had been running a bit sluggish like it had a bit of hestation which this has been going on for a WHILE now.. but i think its because the cats are plugged.. in fact thats where i took the car to get the cats checked before it did this..

i was in a gas station geting gas when suddenly the car was off or shut off.. i turned the key back to the on posotion but the 4 gauges WONT BUDGE.. its gotta be some electrical issue..

could it be a fuse?

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check and see if the ASD fuse and relay are ok. I had the same issue couple months back and turned out to be a bad ASD Fuse. My radio and lights would work and battery was at full charge. All 4 of my console gauges had the RED led on as well.

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FIXED IT!!! it was the ASD FUSE..

okay just in case someone else runs into this problem..

if your car doesnt turn over no clicking sound when starting the car (that means its a bad battery) if you press the ignition button and the radio lights turn off everytime u press the button its your ASD FUSE..

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
question.. stupid one i know.. cause usually fuses either work or dont work.. BUT

my car has been running a bit sluggish.. iv been thinking its a plugged cat.. BUT is it possible this ASD fuse going bad could have been causing the hesitations??

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i keep thinking its a dead battery.. but how can a dead battery.. turn on the radio.. all the gauges.. the headlights.. etc.. etc..
The draw is considerably lower from radio than starter, old batter losing capacity will cause exactly this... Weak battery and loose cables may show the same symptoms as well.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a pic of the exact fuse and/or location in he fuse box? Part number from Napa or Pep Boys? Sounds like something to keep in the glove compartment. Back when I had my 7.3 Powerstroke, we all kept a spare cam senor in the truck, because they all went sooner or later, and you were stranded for want of a sensor (or fuse, in this instance.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960