Car start point is real finicky

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a question, hoping somebody knows the fix for. If I put my clutch all the way to the floor and try to start my car, it usually doesn't start (like the clutch is not engaged). I normally have to let off the clutch or feel around, and then I guess at a certain spot, the car finally can start. Is there anything I can do to adjust this? Does what I'm asking make sense?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 92 does the same thing.

A viper tech told me it was the switch on the clutch pedal that doesn't allow you to start the car without the clutch pedal engaged. I just push clutch pedal a little to the left and it works fine, but I also have thought about replacing the switch or trying to adjust it, but it sounds like the same thing you are going through.

OP
OP
G

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, definitely sounds like the same thing. I feel like if I'm pushing the clutch more towards the bottom left, the car has a better chance of starting on that try lol.

OP
OP
G

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your Viper is a GENI, the bushings are bad at where the clutch pedal pivots under the dash. Bushing #2467770 MSRP $2.60 you'll need two.:cool:

Excellent, I'll call to order from you tomorrow. Would rather pay more including shipping then give my local dealership money.

Are they hard to change? Any how-to's on here by any chance? If it's as easy as re-syncing the throttle cables, I'm in heaven!