1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car value???

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by dcreech0, Jun 26, 2013.

1. PirateViper

PirateViper Enthusiast

Man when I traded that car the wheels were perfect...sorry to hear it...hope you are enjoying it though!

2. PirateViper

PirateViper Enthusiast

That was to DTRUODB.

3. BlueLIGHTNING

BlueLIGHTNING Viper Owner

Here in Ontario silver 05 convertible with 3000+ miles on it for $38,000.

4. HobokenViper

HobokenViper Enthusiast

Unfortunately most people looking to buy a Viper will want lower miles, or will expect a decent price drop for 50k miles on the clock. Glad you had your fun with the car as you clearly got your full enjoyment out of it, but it certainly affects your resale when competing against other similar Vipers with less than half that mileage on the clock. I'd ask $40k and expect to get mid $30's with that mileage and year. Depends on how badly you want to sell it though and how quickly.

Saw some comments on Gen IV's on here, and I have to say that many are wrong. They have held their value very well this past year, and most 2008's are still trading between $60k-$68k on average. Biggest factors in pricing include mileage, condition, color combo (rarity of color and combo), and if it is stock or heavily modded. 09-10 models also held their value well because of their lower production #'s, rare color combos, and the high pricing of the new Gen V's. I see Gen IV Vipers holding their value much better than the Gen III models over the course of time for a variety of reasons. You can get into a Gen IV for in the $50's, but it would be a higher mileage one that has probably seen it's fair share of track time, and possibly has some issues past or present. Also will likely be one of the more common Venom Red color.

5. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

Pretty impressive a 9 year old car can still fetch nearly 50% of its original MSRP.

6. datruodb

datruodb Enthusiast

Sure thing pirate, sure thing...... Lol
    Gotta love the dealership. I'm just glad they weren't ACR wheels. I'll keep those spares in the garage.

7. Mamba52

Mamba52 Enthusiast

What a joke a viper with 50k miles is worth $8000 less. If you are going to sell I would list for $40k and go from there. Have you seen Gen1/2 values.

8. dester243

dester243 Enthusiast

How do you figure it's worth 8k less? I see a lot of gen3 20k miles go at 40.

9. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

That's when prices hit rock bottom. Things "Should" be better now.

Exactly!

10. webby

webby Viper Owner

What about a silver '05 with 32k miles? $42-43k? I paid $47k in April 2012 when it had 17k miles.

Paint is not perfect, some scuffs although I'm going to see how much a detail can help with that

11. viper04

viper04 Viper Owner

What's the deal? thinking of getting out?

12. webby

webby Viper Owner

might be moving out of the country within a year. thinking of selling the car so that i can pay off all my student loans and be debt-free before i move.

13. MoreBeer

MoreBeer Viper Owner

Trust me when I say you will miss your car more than you know! Depending on where you are thinking of moving, is bringing it an option? In Europe, I have been very surprised to see Vipers modified with parking sensors, headlight washers, and fog/side marker lights.

If the car is mostly stock, converting it and complying with country-specific inspections (ie TÜV in Germany) may not be too hard. If you can go through the pain to import a vehicle as "Household Goods" while you are moving, you may be able to enjoy it in other parts of the world and sell it easily!

14. webby

webby Viper Owner

I guess I need to figure out where I'm going first :) I really was set on Switzerland but it looks nearly impossible for a self-employed person from the US to move there. I will probably hit you up for advice as I continue looking

15. MoreBeer

MoreBeer Viper Owner

Definitely talk to me if you want more info!

I can walk to Switzerland from where I live, a border town on the lake. Downtown Zürich is an hour train ride. Amazingly beautiful country, but also insanely expensive, and yes, there is a lot to be aware of regarding taxes. Southern Germany is a good option though!

Here is a pic I literally just snapped of Kreutzlingen, Switzerland from my town, Konstanz, Germany:

Also look up Fredi from the CH Viper club, there is a pretty big group over here. You would definitely miss your car here!!

Attached Files:

16. webby

webby Viper Owner

Thanks. That's gorgeous! That picture is basically why I want to move

17. CaptainDavid

CaptainDavid Enthusiast

Mid to upper mid 30’s sounds about right. Here’s some Viperselling advise which I wish I had heeded when I sold/traded my white Mamba.
    Do not include custom wheels, extra wheels,tires, hardtops,air rams, navigation systems, etc when you sell/trade your Viper. You don’t getany extra money for these kinds of upgrades. Take um off , return the car to stock. Then sell this stuff here orebay.
    I paid dearly to learn this lesson.

18. Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty Viper Owner

For what ts worth guys, a proper inspection by someone truly Viper competent is worth WAAAAAAY more than any CarFax or Mileage based purchase. 9 out of every 10 times we have a customer that thinks they got a "deal", we end up finding out the car has some kind of ridiculous history. Just in the past year or two, I have had to give the bad news to over a half dozen new Viper buyers, who thought they got a steal. Virtually every single used un-inspected purchase we see come through here, we find something MAJOR. The market is absolutely saturated with "story cars". Find a car, get it professionally inspected, [and no, this does not just mean by a Viper Tech- many of them have no idea what they are looking at] and if it checks out, pay whatever is reasonable with regard to the asking.

DO NOT make the mistake of passing up a perfect car to save a couple grand and look for a deal- chances are you will end up regretting it.

19. CaptainDavid

CaptainDavid Enthusiast

high 30's IMHO

20. malcoll

malcoll Enthusiast

I still don't get why everyone seems so intent on a Gen IV being SO better than a Gen III..... from what I can tell the top end of the engine is different, maybe some difference in the transmission.....but when I drive both they seem exactly the same....... baffling.

21. Green viper 1

Green viper 1 Enthusiast

I'm right there with you unless I pop my hood every one thinks it's a gen4 acr

22. PeterMJ

PeterMJ Enthusiast

General public is clueless about telling gen 4 from 3 in general. All vipers are great, at least IMO, no need to make a gen 4 look alike if you are happy with 3.

23. Allan

Allan Enthusiast

I'm getting depressed reading all this value stuff.

My car is almost worth 5 bucks on a good day at this rate.

I still consider it one of the best investments ever...............as you only live once.

24. PeterMJ

PeterMJ Enthusiast

Hey, I thought you only live twice? Either way, you certainly cannot take it with you:D

[​IMG]

25. dester243

dester243 Enthusiast

Why not? A Gen 3 dynos stock about 450 wheel hp (at least both of mine did). A gen 4 I've seen them dyno 550 and with bolt ons over 600s. (granted it gets expensive to go beyond headers/exhaust/mopar ecu) the transmission is better, the engine makes more power NA. Adds a little displacement along with variable cam timing.

I think it's a nice deal and I really WANTED a gen 4 before I found my Paxton gen 3. In all seriousness, if the gen 4 I was looking at was a convertible instead of a coupe I would have owned a gen 4 instead of my current car.

It comes down to preference I suppose. I think there was some guy on here that wanted to trade his SSG gen 4 for a gen 3 with a Paxton. So it goes both ways.

26. chorps

chorps Enthusiast

I will offer you 6 bucks. That's not a lot of does. No doe at all, actually.

27. Allan

Allan Enthusiast

Only problem with that is, 6 bucks isn't enough of a down payment on a gen V.