Car value???

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man when I traded that car the wheels were perfect...sorry to hear it...hope you are enjoying it though!

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately most people looking to buy a Viper will want lower miles, or will expect a decent price drop for 50k miles on the clock. Glad you had your fun with the car as you clearly got your full enjoyment out of it, but it certainly affects your resale when competing against other similar Vipers with less than half that mileage on the clock. I'd ask $40k and expect to get mid $30's with that mileage and year. Depends on how badly you want to sell it though and how quickly.

Saw some comments on Gen IV's on here, and I have to say that many are wrong. They have held their value very well this past year, and most 2008's are still trading between $60k-$68k on average. Biggest factors in pricing include mileage, condition, color combo (rarity of color and combo), and if it is stock or heavily modded. 09-10 models also held their value well because of their lower production #'s, rare color combos, and the high pricing of the new Gen V's. I see Gen IV Vipers holding their value much better than the Gen III models over the course of time for a variety of reasons. You can get into a Gen IV for in the $50's, but it would be a higher mileage one that has probably seen it's fair share of track time, and possibly has some issues past or present. Also will likely be one of the more common Venom Red color.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a joke a viper with 50k miles is worth $8000 less. If you are going to sell I would list for $40k and go from there. Have you seen Gen1/2 values.

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you figure it's worth 8k less? I see a lot of gen3 20k miles go at 40.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my white 2004 Mamba with 17k miles on the clock for 38k after additional fees and such in 2008... deals are always out there.
That's when prices hit rock bottom. Things "Should" be better now.

If you are going to sell I would list for $40k and go from there. Have you seen Gen1/2 values.
Exactly!

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What about a silver '05 with 32k miles? $42-43k? I paid $47k in April 2012 when it had 17k miles.

Paint is not perfect, some scuffs although I'm going to see how much a detail can help with that

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about a silver '05 with 32k miles? $42-43k? I paid $47k in April 2012 when it had 17k miles.

Paint is not perfect, some scuffs although I'm going to see how much a detail can help with that

What's the deal? thinking of getting out?

MoreBeer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
might be moving out of the country within a year. thinking of selling the car so that i can pay off all my student loans and be debt-free before i move.

Trust me when I say you will miss your car more than you know! Depending on where you are thinking of moving, is bringing it an option? In Europe, I have been very surprised to see Vipers modified with parking sensors, headlight washers, and fog/side marker lights.

If the car is mostly stock, converting it and complying with country-specific inspections (ie TÜV in Germany) may not be too hard. If you can go through the pain to import a vehicle as "Household Goods" while you are moving, you may be able to enjoy it in other parts of the world and sell it easily!

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trust me when I say you will miss your car more than you know! Depending on where you are thinking of moving, is bringing it an option? In Europe, I have been very surprised to see Vipers modified with parking sensors, headlight washers, and fog/side marker lights.

If the car is mostly stock, converting it and complying with country-specific inspections (ie TÜV in Germany) may not be too hard. If you can go through the pain to import a vehicle as "Household Goods" while you are moving, you may be able to enjoy it in other parts of the world and sell it easily!

I guess I need to figure out where I'm going first :) I really was set on Switzerland but it looks nearly impossible for a self-employed person from the US to move there. I will probably hit you up for advice as I continue looking

MoreBeer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely talk to me if you want more info!

I can walk to Switzerland from where I live, a border town on the lake. Downtown Zürich is an hour train ride. Amazingly beautiful country, but also insanely expensive, and yes, there is a lot to be aware of regarding taxes. Southern Germany is a good option though!

Here is a pic I literally just snapped of Kreutzlingen, Switzerland from my town, Konstanz, Germany:

Also look up Fredi from the CH Viper club, there is a pretty big group over here. You would definitely miss your car here!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 44

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely talk to me if you want more info!

I can walk to Switzerland from where I live, a border town on the lake. Downtown Zürich is an hour train ride. Amazingly beautiful country, but also insanely expensive, and yes, there is a lot to be aware of regarding taxes. Southern Germany is a good option though!

Here is a pic I literally just snapped of Kreutzlingen, Switzerland from my town, Konstanz, Germany:

Also look up Fredi from the CH Viper club, there is a pretty big group over here. You would definitely miss your car here!!

Thanks. That's gorgeous! That picture is basically why I want to move

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid to upper mid 30’s sounds about right. Here’s some Viperselling advise which I wish I had heeded when I sold/traded my white Mamba.
Do not include custom wheels, extra wheels,tires, hardtops,air rams, navigation systems, etc when you sell/trade your Viper. You don’t getany extra money for these kinds of upgrades. Take um off , return the car to stock. Then sell this stuff here orebay.
I paid dearly to learn this lesson.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For what ts worth guys, a proper inspection by someone truly Viper competent is worth WAAAAAAY more than any CarFax or Mileage based purchase. 9 out of every 10 times we have a customer that thinks they got a "deal", we end up finding out the car has some kind of ridiculous history. Just in the past year or two, I have had to give the bad news to over a half dozen new Viper buyers, who thought they got a steal. Virtually every single used un-inspected purchase we see come through here, we find something MAJOR. The market is absolutely saturated with "story cars". Find a car, get it professionally inspected, [and no, this does not just mean by a Viper Tech- many of them have no idea what they are looking at] and if it checks out, pay whatever is reasonable with regard to the asking.

DO NOT make the mistake of passing up a perfect car to save a couple grand and look for a deal- chances are you will end up regretting it.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't get why everyone seems so intent on a Gen IV being SO better than a Gen III..... from what I can tell the top end of the engine is different, maybe some difference in the transmission.....but when I drive both they seem exactly the same....... baffling.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't get why everyone seems so intent on a Gen IV being SO better than a Gen III..... from what I can tell the top end of the engine is different, maybe some difference in the transmission.....but when I drive both they seem exactly the same....... baffling.
I'm right there with you unless I pop my hood every one thinks it's a gen4 acr

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm right there with you unless I pop my hood every one thinks it's a gen4 acr
General public is clueless about telling gen 4 from 3 in general. All vipers are great, at least IMO, no need to make a gen 4 look alike if you are happy with 3.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting depressed reading all this value stuff.

My car is almost worth 5 bucks on a good day at this rate.

I still consider it one of the best investments ever...............as you only live once.

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why not? A Gen 3 dynos stock about 450 wheel hp (at least both of mine did). A gen 4 I've seen them dyno 550 and with bolt ons over 600s. (granted it gets expensive to go beyond headers/exhaust/mopar ecu) the transmission is better, the engine makes more power NA. Adds a little displacement along with variable cam timing.

I think it's a nice deal and I really WANTED a gen 4 before I found my Paxton gen 3. In all seriousness, if the gen 4 I was looking at was a convertible instead of a coupe I would have owned a gen 4 instead of my current car.

It comes down to preference I suppose. I think there was some guy on here that wanted to trade his SSG gen 4 for a gen 3 with a Paxton. So it goes both ways.