Car value???

dcreech0

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just wanted to get some opinions from some fellow members on what my car may be worth at this point in time.
It is a black 2004 vert with 50k miles. Mostly stock other than invos, k&n kit, and the mopar 3 inch race exhaust.

Thanks for all the help!!!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if it's in good shape I would say low 40's. if it's in great shape maybe mid 40's

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sold my 03 with 54k miles on it for 34k. I lost a ton of money on that car, you live and learn.
Car was cammed, plus a bunch of other things done to it. Sweet deal, but for the other guy not me. It was about a 8k dollar learning curve. But i enjoyed working on that car, thats for sure.....

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would probably say...somewhere around the upper 30's, but your best bet is to go to autotrader.com and cars.com and compare prices..Take a look at the other guys and see what they're asking for the same car with similar mileage.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I bought my 04 with 43k miles in the upper 30's earlier this year if that gives you a rough idea. Was in pretty good shape for the most part. Some interior wear, but that's to be expected. Outside was in good shape and car already had K&N, Borla exhaust, SCT tuner, and a stereo system upgrade along with a fresh set of tires.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 03 with 30,000 miles is equipped the same: Mopar race exhaust and PCM, MGW shifter, K&N, Aldan-lowered. Mechanically sound, some minor curb rash on wheels, except for a bad gouge on my left rear, which I did last weekend. In fact, I have a reconditioned 5-spoke wheel on order from VPA, to replace it.

Biggest issue with my car is paint, it's black, and some scratches and rash, it is a 10 year old driven car. Realistically, if I were to offer it for sale, probably ask mid-30s, and hope I get it.

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought an 06 with 13k miles this yr for 50. Really clean car inside and out. It's a vert. Minor rash on 2 wheels.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with having 50k miles. It's just $40k buys you a gen III with under 20 on the clock. It's about what you are competing against as a seller.

Last edited:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I did find one 06 (not quite gen 4, but was a coupe) for 44 and the dealer said they'd take 40 for it. Just about bought a plane ticket, but didn't like the CarFax. Sure it had good service history according to the dealer, but when most of the clutch system was replaced (master, slave, flywheel, and I think maybe even the trans), I had a feeling it wasn't so much good history as someone beat the hell out of it or had no idea how to drive stick. Just made me wary, so I kept looking. Car was gorgeious though, blue with white stripes and 5 spokes.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still, ain't no (decent) Gen 4 for under 50, even now, and those are hard to find. If I could, I'd be seriously looking at it. There is a HUGE gap between pricing on Gen 3 and 4.

hyph

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've never seen a gen 4 for 40k. Maybe if it was a vert and salvage title....

Raven2k8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think I would trust a gen4 for $40k...something would have to be wrong! That being said I would think mid to high 30's for your car.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did find one 06 (not quite gen 4, but was a coupe) for 44 and the dealer said they'd take 40 for it. Just about bought a plane ticket, but didn't like the CarFax. Sure it had good service history according to the dealer, but when most of the clutch system was replaced (master, slave, flywheel, and I think maybe even the trans), I had a feeling it wasn't so much good history as someone beat the hell out of it or had no idea how to drive stick. Just made me wary, so I kept looking. Car was gorgeious though, blue with white stripes and 5 spokes.

Just replaced my (master, slave,flywheel) at 40 miles. Also don't forget oil cooler lines, normal things for a gen3.

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to say. Show me a gen 4 for 40. I will show you 40k quick.

He must be referring to the green one on ebay by x2 builders. Current bid about 40k but reserve not met on a salvage title.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
he is asking for a price on an 04' not a Gen IV - two totally different prices

We were referring to this response from above:

"There is nothing wrong with having 50k miles. It's just $40k buys you a gen IV with under 20 on the clock. It's about what you are competing against as a seller."

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant gen III, my mistake still half asleep when I replied. Was reading 04, thinking gen III typed gen IV (while looking at 04)

slowhatch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
50k miles for an 04 gen 3 vert i would say 33-35k depending on condition and state of wear items (rotors, pads, tires, etc).

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my white 2004 Mamba with 17k miles on the clock for 38k after additional fees and such in 2008... deals are always out there.

slowhatch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my white 2004 Mamba with 17k miles on the clock for 38k after additional fees and such in 2008... deals are always out there.

Yeah that was a deal back then. But then again, that was right about the time everything took a nose dive and people were hemorrhaging toys left and right.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It boils down to just how bad someone wants to get rid of theirs. If they have a financial crisis someone can get a steal, if it's just a toy and not costing them anything they can sit on it and wait till they find someone impatient or with an equal amount of money. Every once in a while I try to decide what my "ridiculous, I can't believe you would give me this much money" price would be to sell any of my cars. I get attached to my vehicles and don't really ever plan to sell them unless I absolutely have to. That said I'm still not sure what someone would have to offer me to sell mine, probably 40-45k and even then I'd be on the fence. I don't really think the car is worth that, I'd just want enough money to be able to buy something even better to replace it :D.

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would still be a deal now. I feel like you could probably get a POS Gen III in the 30's, but not a white mamba with work done to it. I bet I could get more than I paid for it if I were to sell now.

rut44

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just picked up an '08 with 48k miles. One owner with 2 minor reports to carfax.

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Royman you got a deal on a white mamba.....

But I think that about 35k seems to be a realistic # for a gen 3 with about 50k miles.

You can always list it up for more and let people try to talk you down. Better start high and work down than low and get no where.