CAR will not start

robertabelson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 Viper RT/10 went for a ride, it ran well. Parked it in my garage, now it will not start. Starter is turning, battery is charged, hook it to another car by cables did not help. Fuel pump can be heard when key is turned on. Any suggestions ?
Hello everyone,

I currently have a hard top which obviously can't be stowed away in case of emergency.
I was wondering if anyone is selling their folding soft top for this model Gen1?

Thanks in advance

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Do you have a CEL?

Do you have an "alarm set" light?

Does your concept of miles driven match fuel gauge reading?

Does it fire at all?

Do you have spark?

Do you have fuel pressure at Schrader valve on intake manifold?

Have you tried swapping ASD relay with A/C relay?

Got interrupted. To continue:

Does car have headers?

Do you have an OBD II code reader?

Finally, I HOPE that you have not tried to start it using a battery charger with the infamous "start" button.

Feel to call me if you like as these things often need more than a few typewritten lines to sort. 317 402 9013

Last edited:

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn’t it this generation that had the fuel pump issue of oftentimes not priming sufficiently to start the car? If it is then try turning the key to Accessory and then Off six (6) times and wait a second or two between turns, then on the 7th turn go ahead and start the car.

Arnold Rod

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to my gen 3. It turned out being a loose camshaft position sensor that got sheared off at the tip. Vibration might have caused the bolt that holds it to loosen. I replaced it and she fired right up.