Carbon Fiber Dash - Need Help!

LaneViper97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I have an 2008 ACR ******** and just received a carbon fiber dash replacement from viper parts of America and having trouble with the console piece. The window switches will not mount on the new part. I've traded messages with viper parts and they say they have never had any trouble and that no one has ever returned a part for not fitting before. They say they will call the supplier. it appears to me that on the new part they have recessed the mounting area allot more than the OEM part causing the problem. Has anyone experienced this and can you give me an idea on a fix or should I give up and just return the part.

Thanks David

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any photos? My c/f piece has a cut-out for the window switches, not a "mounting area"...

Reaction score
There is a difference in the consoles Gen3/08 to 10', you can modify the "posts" that attach the switch and it will work, or you can order the correct switch for the later bezel and it will bolt right up.

OP
OP
L

LaneViper97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a difference in the consoles Gen3/08 to 10', you can modify the "posts" that attach the switch and it will work, or you can order the correct switch for the later bezel and it will bolt right up.
They only list 1 part for 2003-2010. Not sure I understand how you would modify the "post" to make this work. I am trying to upload some pics but having trouble.

OP
OP
L

LaneViper97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK I added some pics of the new part - let me know if this helps

Reaction score
They only list 1 part for 2003-2010. Not sure I understand how you would modify the "post" to make this work. I am trying to upload some pics but having trouble.

The 03-08' cars had shallow switch indents from the top of the bezel. From 09-10 they were the deeper ones that you have there, they changed the design just a bit mid run so in reality there SHOULD be two part numbers and if you ordered the part with your VIN they would come in correctly for the stock ones.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i noticed the same thing when i swapped out the factory one in my 08. I rofered a Mopar dash that worked on both the 08 and 09 car however the factory ones would not swap out.

Bruce

OP
OP
L

LaneViper97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 03-08' cars had shallow switch indents from the top of the bezel. From 09-10 they were the deeper ones that you have there, they changed the design just a bit mid run so in reality there SHOULD be two part numbers and if you ordered the part with your VIN they would come in correctly for the stock ones.

That's awesome information and just what I needed to know! Now I need to do battle with viper parts of America and convince them to send me the right part. Thank you!!!

Reaction score
That's awesome information and just what I needed to know! Now I need to do battle with viper parts of America and convince them to send me the right part. Thank you!!!

Unfortunately you have the ONLY part that you can have if you want the carbon look. If you want to keep it you will have to buy the 2010 switches or modify yours to work on this part, VPA will not have a different one to send you.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hydrographic painted pieces are not carbon fiber. There are people out there that can take 2010 console pieces and wrap it in real carbon fiber if you so choose.

OP
OP
L

LaneViper97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hydrographic painted pieces are not carbon fiber. There are people out there that can take 2010 console pieces and wrap it in real carbon fiber if you so choose.

I guess based on what I am hearing I probably need to go this route - can you provide with some vendors that would do this for me?

OP
OP
L

LaneViper97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately you have the ONLY part that you can have if you want the carbon look. If you want to keep it you will have to buy the 2010 switches or modify yours to work on this part, VPA will not have a different one to send you.

WOW! Any idea on what the new switches will set me back? Also, do you know if the wiring harness will connect OK to the new switches?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess based on what I am hearing I probably need to go this route - can you provide with some vendors that would do this for me?

Dan at DC used to sell carbon pieces like this, and I have seen a couple vendors on the other Viper site that advertise that they will do it.

Reaction score
No battle necessary as we always make sure you get the right part and are happy with it - period. We have never refused (or even debated) a return or exchange for fitment issues.

While Mark correctly noted we did send you the right console part (and the only one offered by Mopar for the 2003-2010 Viper SRT10), we will order a set of new switches and do an illustrated upgrade on how to install everything. One of our other customers who installed these on his 2004 said this is where his installer cut down the switch mounts themselves:
vinder.jpg

He then cut down the opening on the bezel a little bit as well. The finished product looked great, including the red-stitched shift and parking brake boots also available from Mopar:

carbonfiber2.jpg

We will let you know what switches we have in stock and what the prices are via email. If you prefer to send the kit back for a full refund (including postage), send us an email and we will get you an RMA number immediately. Thanks for your business!

OP
OP
L

LaneViper97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No battle necessary as we always make sure you get the right part and are happy with it - period. We have never refused (or even debated) a return or exchange for fitment issues.

While Mark correctly noted we did send you the right console part (and the only one offered by Mopar for the 2003-2010 Viper SRT10), we will order a set of new switches and do an illustrated upgrade on how to install everything. One of our other customers who installed these on his 2004 said this is where his installer cut down the switch mounts themselves:
vinder.jpg

He then cut down the opening on the bezel a little bit as well. The finished product looked great, including the red-stitched shift and parking brake boots also available from Mopar:
carbonfiber2.jpg

We will let you know what switches we have in stock and what the prices are via email. If you prefer to send the kit back for a full refund (including postage), send us an email and we will get you an RMA number immediately. Thanks for your business![/QUOThank you for following up and also providing the pics that illustrate what needs to be done to install the CF console.

I am going to follow this approach and will let you know how everything turns out but this sounds like a solid solution!!! Great service and follow up - thank you!!!

TE]

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

I need to get back to you on this. Remind me will ya:)

victoryman100

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This was of GREAT help... I used my dremel tool with a de burr bit on the slowest setting took my time and test fitted along the way.. and it fit perfectly with my 04 switches in the new 10 carbon fiber,, thanks to all for your help. I am a happy customer:D

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you tell which console pieces you have? I bought the new console pieces to have them wrapped and my car is 09. I would like to make sure everything fits before having the pieces wrapped.

victoryman100

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Peter, If you have an 09 there will be NO modification. as your OEM parts will have the same recess as your new carbon fiber parts. so your window switches will bolt right up perfectly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala