Carbon Fiber Interior Upgrade (Pics inc)

Todd Richmond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing interior carbon trim and pedals - quite an improvement for $220 total. The carbon trim is very easy to install - just clean the dash lightly with carb cleaner or clear solvent, warm the pieces in the sun and stick. The pedals were a pain though. It took me two hours to get them right, but it would only take one with custom instructions
smile.gif
Email me if you are interested in what I did and I even have an extra set of screws that are required. The gas pedal does require drilling 2 small holes.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

Todd Richmond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this from www.autoanything.com for $170 which was the cheapest I could find. Part #1250 includes door handle trim covers, but is not listed on-line, just call. The other kit w/o handle trim is $20 less. The kit itself is made by Sherwood dash in several carbon trim colors. You want the "classic series" (aka "genuine"), not "graphic series" model

OP
OP
T

Todd Richmond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a couple requests for pedal instructions so here they are

I bought the Razo pedals from www.nopi.com for $50 - you need size large(6" gas pedal), not small. They make several styles with the same shape

1) buy 3 longer black bolts that thread into the new pedal clamp pieces - the ones in the kit are too short. I had some that were left over form a speaker install
2) Remove the clutch pad and install per instructions - keep as far left as possible
3) Do not remove the brake pad and install per instructions. You will need one long screw to mount because the original one is a cm too short to grab. This made my clutch and brake at the same height - yours may be different. Keep as far left as possible
4) drill out the top rivet on the gas pedal with a 5/32 drill or make a new hole to the left side. Countersink with 1/4 bit
5) Throw away the gas pedal mounting plate that comes with it
6) Place pedal on gas and allign so that the left and bottom sides are flush and drill through the pedal in your top hole and the right bottom hole that was pre-drilled
7) Add thin tape to back of gas pedal at the top and bottom
8) Mount pedal using original clamp and long bolt through the holes you drilled. The clamp will bottom out on the left bottom bolt, but the others will hold it in place
9) Flatten out the clamp with channel locks or other pliers so that it does not hit the carpet
10) Snip off the 3 long bolts with strong side cutters
11) You may have to slightly bend the metal arm that holds the gas pedal to make it turn back flat towards you instead of diving towards the trans tunnel

Done!