Cat Failure Anyone?

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My driver side cat failed this past week. Fortunately I got to replace it myself under warranty. Since I had Corsa exhuast it took a bit of time to reset the exhuast. Anyone have a cat failure?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had it twice in the past. But it will never happen again since I took them off....

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the headers crack which in turn cause the oxygen sensor to read rich then the cat fails. Make sure you got the whole problem or you will be in the same boat next month

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have seen the headers crack which in turn cause the oxygen sensor to read rich then the cat fails. Make sure you got the whole problem or you will be in the same boat next month

Exactamundo...... if a tuning issue caused the failure, it can / will happen again.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah,

I've seen cat failures now on N/A and F/I cars. Pretty common with aftermarket cats.

Dan

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactamundo...... if a tuning issue caused the failure, it can / will happen again.

I don't think it was a tuning issue since it has been done by DC and I have about 15K on the motor since the tune. The interior of the cat actually broke apart. I replaced the sensors first and had a failure after about 25 miles. I replaced the cat and so far no more issues.

mopower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had one go bad on my '06 at 15,000 miles. Installed Mopar 3 inch race exhaust which is catless.

mike007

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think it was a tuning issue since it has been done by DC and I have about 15K on the motor since the tune. The interior of the cat actually broke apart. I replaced the sensors first and had a failure after about 25 miles. I replaced the cat and so far no more issues.
Are the cats ceramic or stainless?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang