Catback question

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that you will find that the Corsa and the Borla cat back systems are relatively the same (the Corsa is a bit more expensive and is, arguably, a bit higher quality). The decision between the two is typically based on sound. The common opinion is that the Corsa is a bit higher in range and "sounds" more exotic while the Borla is a bit deeper and, again arguably, a bit meaner. These two systems probably represent at least 75% of the upgrades among Vipers. There are other systems, including "no" systems (removal) with which I am less familiar that others will have to comment on.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Rear muffler removal is the cheapest solution and results in a pleasantly louder exhaust. Drone is perhaps a tad more, but not excessive when compared to stock, provided you have an H or X crossover where the muffler was. Without the crossover, the drone is significantly more than stock. Corsa minimizes drone considerably and Borla, from what I'm told does not.</FONT f>

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Borla = Boomer. Loudest, meanest, nastiest, drone-monstor, esp on GTS. Cheapest. Worst fit/finish.

Belanger = Deepest Muscle-car tone, made out of muscle-car material, alumanized steel. Less drone due balance tube.

CORSA is no resonance, no drone, best fit/finish, awesome tips.
Best 'value' easiest to install. My #1 seller.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
deleted,
biting tongue instead.
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 08-28-2002 at 07:13 PM</font>

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Borla its Loud and nastie, everyone hears you coming but there is some drone inside the GTS. If you get the Borla remove the inner pipes so all you see is 4' tips looks great.

usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Corsa/RT cats which sound great. Alot like the Corsa site. Install is pretty easy as a do it your self. Definately not too loud. Here is a video of me attempting to do a burnout. Sound is not great but you will get the idea.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>deleted,
biting tongue instead.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of us already read it. But I won't tell.
smile.gif

Seriously Sean, I understand biting your tongue as to other posters' motivation or their qualifications, but that doesn't mean you can't still offer your own opinion, which is always highly respected. You have a lot of experience selling, installing, and using various exhaust systems, and that's who this guy needs to hear from.

Ronnie

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a more awesome sound than that video?Go with a corsa and no cats.Loud?Yes when on the gas.Not a problem at cruise.Add a pair of apex syms to avoid check engine lights.BTW,after a long hard drive the side sills will only be luke warm. Bruce

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedGTS:
Some of us already read it. But I won't tell.
smile.gif

Seriously Sean, I understand biting your tongue as to other posters' motivation or their qualifications, but that doesn't mean you can't still offer your own opinion, which is always highly respected. You have a lot of experience selling, installing, and using various exhaust systems, and that's who this guy needs to hear from.
Ronnie
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, we all need to hear from you. Sean, I wholeheartedly agree with RedGTS! Your opinions are much appreciated on this site!

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the borla catback on my car and I prefer the sound to the corsa. I guess its a matter of opinion. I think that the borla has a meaner, more muscular sound.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May I suggest the following? Instead of me telling you that what I bought for MY car is the "best", why not attend the next big Viper Club get-together in your area, and HEAR all the different systems the club members have and then YOU decide which one is "meaner", "louder", "too loud", "too much resonance", blah blah blah. No?
pete the ex glass guy not promoting what I like.

Wolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have TNT headers and Borla's from Sean and the car sounds great, especially in tunnels and over passes. I have attended events with other Viper's that have Corsa's and everyone's comments was that my car sounded louder and more evil. The best way to decide on which to buy is to listen to someone's car that has the exhaust. Alot of the sound depends on the cats, headers, year of the car, and whether you have roller rockers on or not.
Before I got my setup I listened to a couple of Vipers and also talked to Ted at Valaya to determine what setup would be ideal for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte