CCW 505A wheels /tires on Ebay

OP
OP
D

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a car that had these on there, but I took my old wheels and tires and put them on the new one because I liked them better.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a car that had these on there, but I took my old wheels and tires and put them on the new one because I liked them better.
I see you got the one at Autohaus in Tempe...Nice!! :2tu:

OP
OP
D

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see you got the one at Autohaus in Tempe...Nice!! :2tu:

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what a car! This guy was a millionaire who had done everything to this car. Has $35,000 in upgrades! After my car was totalled in the car wash incident I was bummed but I came out better than I was before it happened.

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would jump on those but CCWs are not chrome. Looks great though. Great price.

They are polished and look like chrome in all the pics I have seen. Is there really that big of a difference?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish you would have said something on this forum before you put them up on Ebay, I am looking for new wheels and I would have bought those in a heartbeat!

OP
OP
D

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish you would have said something on this forum before you put them up on Ebay, I am looking for new wheels and I would have bought those in a heartbeat!

Sorry, I thought about just listing them on here but I wasn't really sure if we had to pay the fee to advertise them in the classifieds or if we can just list what we are selling in a post.

By the way, I have a chrome set of CCW's and there is a huge difference. I like the looks of chrome better and much easier to maintain.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p21/dyeguy_bucket/blueviperpics007.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p21/dyeguy_bucket/viperwheel.jpg

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah well I lose the most. I was on the phone with him telling him that i was going to click the buy it now button to purchase them as soon as I got home. When I got home 5 minutes later they were gone :(

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I am really sorry. I am pretty sure the guy that bought them here locally was also a VCA member.

yeah its cool.

i have a set of brand new ccw 505A wheels with the 355 pirellis still in the boxes, but i had to drop 5 grand, couldnt find any used ones for sale so had to spend the mucho money.

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cost me 4,600 to my door for the 505A's with Michelin PS 345s

Anyone have an idea of the cost for chroming? or better yet, can it be done anywhere, or will I have to ship it somewhere?

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone have an idea of the cost for chroming? or better yet, can it be done anywhere, or will I have to ship it somewhere?

must of bought them a while ago? or are the pirelli 355's more expensive and thats why i paid $5,000?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the 18" PS'2s and thought I could get a nice set of wheels for 3K.....boy was I surprised. I finally settled on a set of HRE's. The local tire store here quoted me 6k for the wheels and Jon at PartsRack beat that price by over a grand but still 5K for wheels...not now. So I bought a set of used stock 18"s and will save for the HRE's. BTW those chromed CCW's are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

:2tu:

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Jwbond
I had my wheels chromed at www.CalChrome.com
Talk to Blaine, He'll take good care of you.

cost was 175 each for the fronts and 200 each for the rears. 25 for the center caps

100.00 to have them mount and Roadforce balance them.

Lance

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I see you got the one at Autohaus in Tempe...Nice!! ..... Yeah, what a car! This guy was a millionaire who had done everything to this car. Has $35,000 in upgrades! After my car was totalled in the car wash incident I was bummed but I came out better than I was before it happened.

HOW DID YOU COME OUT BETTER THAN BEFORE IT HAPPENED ?!?! Hmmmm????

OP
OP
D

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

How did I not come out better than before it happened is my question. I paid $45,000 for the car that got totalled, they gave me $48,000 for it and I kept my wheels and tires. I turned around and bought the B/W for $50,000, then sold the wheels and tires off it for $3,000 and got a car that is in better condition with a custom paint job and $35,000 worth of upgrades done to it and has 553 HP.

OP
OP
D

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The entire car was repainted Viper blue with a metallic flake in it with pearl white stripes. The car was painted by one of the best shops in town 3 years ago and has only been driven 1000 miles since so it looks brand new.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How did I not come out better than before it happened is my question. I paid $45,000 for the car that got totalled, they gave me $48,000 for it and I kept my wheels and tires. I turned around and bought the B/W for $50,000, then sold the wheels and tires off it for $3,000 and got a car that is in better condition with a custom paint job and $35,000 worth of upgrades done to it and has 553 HP.

[/QUOTE]

I think you might be missing the point a bit. Did you call on JonB to help out? He helped me out one time with a diminished Value claim, perhaps Jon was instramental in helping you come out ahead? hmm...

Jon

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chroming will usually run you anywhere from $150 - $200 a wheel plus shipping each way. CalChrome is GREAT!

OP
OP
D

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you might be missing the point a bit. Did you call on JonB to help out? He helped me out one time with a diminished Value claim, perhaps Jon was instramental in helping you come out ahead? hmm...

Jon

[/QUOTE]

AH, now I get it. I'm a little slow. I actually posted the whole story about Jon and how he helped out on the thread "Went it for a free carwash and came out with a New Viper." But yes, Jon was very instumental in helping me and I definitely will be giving him my business and referrals

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No fees for classifieds for VCA members....and I think the general concensus is give folks here a shot at whatever you want to get rid of first!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper