Celeb for the day..

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a pharmacist in a retail setting and I'll admit I've been very stressed recently with the whole medicare part D conversion this past week, and it is not going very smoothly. I work in an affluent area of town with a mostly older and demanding clientele. Most members don't have their new cards yet, and some don't even know what plan they signed up for. Blah Blah Blah..

I knew today was doing to be a very bad day at work with all the physician offices reopening after 3 days and all the insurances changes that normally come with this time of year. To try to start the day off on an enjoyable note, I drove the GTS to work today. I parked on my lot behind one of my employees SUV so not to draw too much attention from the road.

I've driven the car to work many times over the past few years and I've never had so many people comment on the car as they did today. The funniest one was a group of boys on skateboards that came in just to tell me how cool my car was. It was hilarious. There was a line of people 10 deep and these kids just have to see the guy back there that has the Viper. It made me feel pretty good.

When I headed to Subway for lunch I got stopped at a light in front of a gas station where a guy in a new blue Vette was filling up. He looked at my car, looked back at his, then just hung his head. Classic! Ok, I'm off to Subway the next block up and nab the front spot. One of the girls is out from behind the counter before I can even get in the door to see it (maybe I should have gone to h(.)(.)ters) Anyway, everyone in there is commenting on what a nice ride, etc. I end up with some free choc chip cookies- my favorite.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful until tonight when I came home. I stopped at the Taco Bell drive thru and the kids in there were going nuts. There were 4 heads trying to stick out the drive thru window to get a look at the beast. I was bombared with the general questions. One of them then says you must feel like a celebrity in this thing as the camera phones were clicking away. As the one guy handed me my food, he asked if I'd do a burn out in the drive thru. There was nobody behind me so I was happy to grant his request.

As I pulled away, with the smell of spicy chicken tacos and a hint of burning rubber in the air, I thought yes, a celeb for the day indeed!

Michael

4624DSC00017-med.JPG

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Michael. It's cool having a Viper but It's really cool to make other peoples days brighter by seeing you drive by.

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Michael,

You have to ditch that retail life. I am typing this while on a break at the hospital I work at. I cannot remember the last time I had to look at an insurance card! Wait, yes I can, it was my own. :D

Don't know if I would know how to function in retail anymore. Glad the Viper made your day a little better though. I can remember those days, pretty thankless at times. Hope they get better soon for you, or you could just sign on at a local hospital! :2tu:

Good luck!

Kurt

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Michael. It's cool having a Viper but It's really cool to make other peoples days brighter by seeing you drive by.

So true. We get to see our cars everyday. Most people only get to see a Viper a couple times a year. A Viper not only makes the driver feel great, it normally makes the other people on the road smile as well (unless they're in a Corvette LOL)

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to swell your head too much bigger, but, I had a customer of mine, call me and ask if I knew who at Walgreens had a blue GTS!?!

For an old Dodge, it does look sharp!

:2tu:

DN

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great story michael! i love days like yours when i get into my car to relax and get away from the stresses for awhile. soon you are feeling ALOT better, partly because you know you have made someone elses day!

dont feel bad about your part D conversion- it is all over the local news here too - everyone is going through it.

you sure have a beauty there! i cant wait to drive it! :D :2tu:

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too am a part of the retail pharmacy setting, I can't quite tell everyone how challenging this week has been. Insurances are timed-out, phones just make a constant tone without a pause.(sounds like alarm clock), and no matter how many staff members on duty, no chance to keep up.....

RX, I feel your pain........but glad the snake took away some of the pressure...

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys lay off the stupid fast food comments. Great story,thanks for sharing. It never gets old in a Viper that's for sure.

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments all!

Jim- ******* is fine, but if I come over to your side of the river I can think of a place in Saujet were we could get some better pics of the 'cars' ;)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jim and michael - when you guys go, let me know. i would really enjoy meeting you both!

i will even buy the first round of water!!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the girl supposed to drive off in the sunset with you!
My brolaw changed over to doggie drugs,called DIAMOND BACK drugs in Pheonix.The customers aren't complaining as much.lol