Central Texas Viper club??

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No website, not calander on the VCA board...what gives. Is there even a club? IF so, let's get out there like some of these other folks....

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of my cust os organizing a meet up at my dealership with the local members from this area and such on apr 10th...were gonna have burgers and such and jus hang out..if you're interested let me know and i'll add ya to the list..we have about 14 or more so far showing up and are having shirts done up and all...p/m me your size and such if ya wanna show up...anyone else in for this???...Len

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're alive and well. We do more communicating through e-mail and snail mail. We had a club dyno day yesterday with perfect conditions. 13%RH, 68F. I made 414/451 with a hot motor, right off the street. Not bad for 26k miles thru the OEM manifolds, cats and mufflers.

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in participating sometime. I am real busy between mid August and May. But June, July and early August would be great. I live in San Antonio Also where can I go to get my car weighed and dynoed in the S.A. area? How much does it cost.

scoobie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll host it - $24 bucks a year, no big deal!
Lived in Austin for a decade.
At least Central and South Texas has some action, I never hear of anything in my area.

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I guess the currently acting president needs to chime in. We've "lost" our webmaster due to a sick kid and a job that has started taking him out of state more and more. Elections for officers won't officially be until this fall, but feel free to volunteer for webmaster. Me? I can't even get my own website to work, plus I'm dealing with the newsletters, organizing 75% of our events, plus doing my regular club duties.
When your VCA app asks for an e-mail, you better put it down or you'll be lucky to get one of my half-assed newsletters.

So far this year, we've had a motorsport event at TWS, the Viper/Supra Shootout (yes, the one I won!). and a free dyno day/BBQ! This saturday, Dave Gordon is helping to coordinate participation in a Motorsports Fest and Bob Overfield is coordinating the San Antonio/ NorthStar Dodge Show.

I do my best for a one-man show to keep things going. Give me a break on the web site.

greg

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...Thanks Greg, I would love to help out...shoot me a PM when you get a chance.
Thanks.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg & Co. -

I feel your pain! Communication can be tough, especially when new owners show up and don't know who to contact. One suggestion I might make is to set aside some of your club funds to have somebody else develop a good web site that you can easily update from there on. You will have a nominal one-time cost to build it to YOUR specifications, but from there on you pretty much pay the cost of hosting and that's about it. We have a guy that we HIGHLY recommend that has done several regional web sites, including Kansas City, Gateway, New York/Connecticut, and many others. He even lives in Texas...

In Kansas City we are working to get our newsletters online so that we don't have to rely on snail mail to get there. You can also have a calendar that ties into the National calendar so that everybody knows when local events take place. Updating that literally takes less than a minute for each event - no web skills necessary!

Be sure to let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Oh, and don't forget the Southwest Zone Rendezvous June 24-26, as it promises to be WELL worth the trip for everybody in Texas: We just contracted for eight Roush Racing Nextel Cup cars for 800 laps around the Kansas Speedway - with YOU driving (Dean already put dibs on 500 laps ;) ).

Chris

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris is right on the money about the website guy. I second his recommendation. For those who don't know, Greg stepped up to run the club when no one else would. He works to get the members to show up to events and leads by example.

Thanks for your efforts, Greg!

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score