CF Rear Diffuser - Pics

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just in from PartsRack. CF rear diffuser. 2008 Convertible. One hour of labor. No lift. 58 year old body. Nice look.

You must be registered for see images

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great :2tu: JonB's a pleasure to do business with. :headbang:

I like the way you left the upper part of you're rear valance Venom Red, in this case, because if you had blacked that out, your new diffuser might have disappeared.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not loving it. Too ricer or add on looking. Imo

I like it, but I would actually have the rear valance part painted the same color so it does not look like an add on as Black Moon stated. It would blend perfectly if you painted. Just my opinion. Still a nice part for sure. Nice job Jon-B.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painted would help but it still sticks out too far for me. If they could bring it closer to the bumper it would look great.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painted would help but it still sticks out too far for me. If they could bring it closer to the bumper it would look great.

Good point Moon, that was my first opinion when I saw this mod in a previous thread... stuck way too far out :crazy2: When I saw it on Cincy's it looked better than before, maybe because of car color? I do like a blacked out valance, but I think that was what made the diffuser look so huge (ricer) in the previous thread.

I'll probably black out the valance on mine and stick with the OEM diffuser :)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree, they always look like they stick out way too far. this one is not as bad though. if it was body color, it would look better to me.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im on the fence on it, I think with the black out will look better. I like the Hennessy one , I got Steve from vipair making me one using Carbon Fiber.Is the diffuser carbon fiber or hydrocarbon paint.Over all is a great improvement over stock great job.

OP
OP
C

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im on the fence on it, I think with the black out will look better. I like the Hennessy one , I got Steve from vipair making me one using Carbon Fiber.Is the diffuser carbon fiber or hydrocarbon paint.Over all is a great improvement over stock great job.

This diffuser is molded carbon fiber. You can see the actual layup on the reverse side.

Cincy

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the Henny one as well, this one would look better if the lower valance was black a's mentioned above.

Looks nice though.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Austin, if you happen to take a look at this thread, can you photoshop the area above the diffuser black, like factory cars.

Cincy2, can you post a side picture to show how much it sticks out past the bumper.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad. The lower valence needs to be painted black to blend it in better with the body. I think this would look better on a coupe.

As for it sticking out, most of the ones found on actual racecars do stick out past the bumper.

OP
OP
C

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cincy2, can you post a side picture to show how much it sticks out past the bumper.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like the side profile, hey did you ever get the CF mud flaps front and rears. On the part above the diffuser you can used a vinyl wrap carbon fiber look, I had a hood done that way on a mustang, and it look great. plus is not permanent if you dont like it.

OP
OP
C

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do like the side profile, hey did you ever get the CF mud flaps front and rears. On the part above the diffuser you can used a vinyl wrap carbon fiber look, I had a hood done that way on a mustang, and it look great. plus is not permanent if you dont like it.

Cubican,

I've got the fronts installed. The rears just shipped from PartsRack this week. Should see them in a few days. Thanks for the idea about the vinyl wrap. I like the look with the color contrast it has. No one else appears to but I'm happy as is.

Cincy

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cubican,

I've got the fronts installed. The rears just shipped from PartsRack this week. Should see them in a few days. Thanks for the idea about the vinyl wrap. I like the look with the color contrast it has. No one else appears to but I'm happy as is.

Cincy

Be sure to put up some pics when you get them, And remember make your ride the way you like it. looking good Cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960