Changed my battery now my 94 won't start

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I changed the battery in my 94 now my car won't start? It turned over but wouldn't start I smelled gas so I didn't want to try again do I need to do something? Thanks in advance tim bob

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably the alarm? When you try and start does it turn and die and the alarm icon flash on the dash? If so you need to have the alarm fob handy, close the drivers door and keep unlocking and locking with the fob.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, before you take it for a spin, the computer needs to relearn the gas position, so while the key is in the on position (but not running), depress the gas pedal about 6 times slowly all the way to the bottom. That tway the computer will know what full throttle is.

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I will try when I get a chance and post

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so I did the key in on and hit the gas a few times open and closed the door hit the buttons on remote and it started but I had to keep it running I let of the gas it died it started right up ran by itself for mayb a minute than died I tried to start again it didn't want to so I just stopped trying make any sense?? Thanks tim bob

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like a key fob resync issue, but that normally shuts the car off after a few seconds. Turn the switch to the on position and hold both fob buttons down until the alarm responds. Should be 5 to 10 seconds and then retry. This is a pretty normal thing to do after the battery is replaced.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As I posted above...feel free to call me as I have assisted scores of owners with this issue. YES, there is a "trick"...and it will not be published in a forum for the obvious reasons.
...-...-....

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve can you please post your number again thanks tim bob

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all the info and it was nice speaking with you Steve this afternoon.i took out my car very nervously cause I was thinking I would have to have it towed home. So I stayed just around my home it only died out once on me.went back home and it was ideling fine so I took it out very a very long blast and it ran awesome nice 80 degree evening there's nothing better thanks again tim bob

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad it is running well now.

The Deltran Battery Tender Plus is what I use on our Vipers. I DO physically disconnect them before storms or if I am away. Auto parts stores carry them...some Walmarts as well. Retail price about $60.00.

JonB at PartsRack also carries them.