Changed my plugs today on 95 RT/10 EASY!

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this has been covered here but I thought I'd throw my experience in for anyone thinking of trying this. Car is a 95 RT/10.

Started out with a stone cold motor. Twisted each plug wire at the boot BEFORE pulling on it. No problems getting the wires off.

Next up, I wanted to make sure no sand was in the area on the head near the spark plugs. My compressor died last month so I tried this and it worked like a charm. I took 2 flexible drinking straws and slid one into the other. This alowed me to get the length and angles I needed to reach each plug. Took a deep breath and blew into the straw...Lot's of dirt blew out and the area around each plug was completely clean after checking with a light!!

Next up....PB BLASTER....If you haven't tried this stuff it's amazing. Breaks loose almost anything with a little PATIENCE.
Loaded up each plug with blaster and had a couple of beers.
Before calling it quits for the night, I gave each plug about half a turn each. Figured backing off the crush washers would let more blaster in.

Next morning half a turn more and then each plug came out by HAND!!! Hit each new plug with a quick shot of PB Blaster to ensure smooth installation.
A little electric grease on each plug end (wire end), snapped on the wires.

DONE......Cars runs like new. It didn't run bad before, just seems more snappy now.

Take your time and let the PB do it's thing.....EASY, EASY job!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About time I'd say... sounds like good advise. I found the plugs on my '94 were original and rusted to the boots too a while back. I hope you replaced the wires too...

OP
OP
F

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wires had been replaced already and were in great shape. Plugs were good too....Just thought I'd get some fresh ones in there!!!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the second owner of my '94...(bought last summer). I replaced the headgaskets a few months ago and found the original plugs were rusted to the caps..!!!? LOL, Yeah, I replaced both but strange to see...
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: