Changed spark plugs: Much smoother

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have found that if the plugs are to be changed, and the boot has been on the plug a long time, spray WD-40 down onto where the boot contacts the plug. Let it soak for a few minutes, twist the boot back and forth until the boot frees itself from the plug, THEN twist and pull it off. Make sure you dont soak the boot, just a 1-2 second spray will do. Also remember to vacuum out the spark plug hole/seat and wipe down the seat with a rag before reinstalling the new plug to prevent dirt from falling into the chamber or being crushed into the new spark plugs' seat.

Dan – you’re like Inspector Gadget. You’ve got a huge bag of tricks.

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: After 250+- miles, the smoother idle is still there, the fuel mileage is at 16.5! (mostly city, up from 15ish) but the herky jerkys are back. Maybe I'll try the XP's.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update: After 250+- miles, the smoother idle is still there, the fuel mileage is at 16.5! (mostly city, up from 15ish) but the herky jerkys are back. Maybe I'll try the XP's.

Glad you gave an update that the herky jerkys are back. Getting rid of that is the only reason I was thinking about swapping plugs.

BTW - a new set of OE wires to replace my broken #9 set me back $258.00. I think the FTC should investigate Viper tax - especially when it's impossed by the car maker.

Also - the old wires say "G.X.3-04" on them and the new ones say "G.X.2-04". I don't suppose anyone knows why.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21