changing front and rear medallions

badasp2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the best way to remove the front and rear medallions on a viper ? I am replacing them with new ones. Any ideas would help. Thanks

F

FrgMstr

I used some braided fishing line to "cut" through the glue on the back (braided seems to work better than mono), then a bit of elbow grease rolling the excess adhesive off the paint. Then a little Goo Gone to clean up.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This worked perfect on mine. First, take some masking tape and use it to mark where the new emblems should go (the bottom works fine). Then take a hair dryer and heat up the old emblems and they will easily come off with your finger nails. Then rub off any excess adhesive (there should not be much if you heat the emblems enough) and then apply the new emblems lining up the bottoms with the masking tape. Key: take your time and be patient!!! If the emblems don't come off easy, then heat them a little more.

F

FrgMstr

Good suggestion on positioning. I did not put mine back on.....

skywestseth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you have a "Naked Viper"...

I think most people who stop to look at the car, spend the majority of their time looking at the badges...

I like the naked look on about every car I have owned, but the Viper wear's it's emblem so well :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi