Changing gen III wires

turbojay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to change my wires on my 03. I have done searches and have come up with nothing for the gen III. What is the pattern and torque for the intake bolts? Thanks for the info, Jay

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It’s a pain to change the wires on the GEN3 Vipers.
You need to unbolt the intake manifold, remove the fuel rails, throttle cable, etc and remove the intake manifold.

Good luck.

OP
OP
T

turbojay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I was looking at it. I don't want to take it apart until I know what to torque the intake to. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Jay

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got Ab's Quality Wires for my 2006 Coupe. You can get them in different colors. 1200 degree-and they fit great.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed mine; its takes about one hour for the entire process; there is a specific pattern for torque requirements on the air-intake manifold......I did a short write up on one of the posts about my experience. If you do not find the torque settings in the search PM me and I will look them up in the Service manual. By the way to save time, the fuel rails can be set aide with the injectors mounted. I also did not have to remove the quick connector at the fuel junction -just moved aside. The gaskets are re-usable.....

OP
OP
T

turbojay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed mine; its takes about one hour for the entire process; there is a specific pattern for torque requirements on the air-intake manifold......I did a short write up on one of the posts about my experience. If you do not find the torque settings in the search PM me and I will look them up in the Service manual. By the way to save time, the fuel rails can be set aide with the injectors mounted. I also did not have to remove the quick connector at the fuel junction -just moved aside. The gaskets are re-usable.....
PM sent, thanks. Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21