Charity event for kids in need! Bring your Viper!

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its time for the annual event to support the less fortunate children.

This is a NO cost event, all we ask is that you bring your Viper and let kids get their picture with your car, if you want you can give rides around the small camp site, Clint and James did last year.

The event is in association with Cedar Park Church called Royal Family Kids' Camps, which is an international organization that provides a week long overnight camp for abused, neglected, and abandoned foster children ages 7 to 11. The idea is to create positive memories for these kids.

Nation's leading network of camps for abused kids - Royal Family Kids' Camps

They have asked for us to show up at 6:30 on Tuesday at the Cedar Springs camp facility near Lake Stevens.

Directions - North on 405 to 522 East, 3rd exit by Costco is HWY 9 turn Left (North). Take Hwy 9 north through Snohomish and Lake Stevens then right on Hwy. 92 (sign for Granite Falls). Cedar Springs Camp is 3.2 miles down on left side.

When you get to Cedar Springs, please follow the road to the left past red horse barn till you see a day camp register here sign and turn right there. There will be a big group of motorcycles too!!

Cedar Springs Camp
4820 State Route 92
Lake Stevens, WA 98258-9623
(425) 334-6215 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (425) 334-6215 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Last year we had 4 Vipers, I know it is tough being a weeknight but if possible we would love to get 5 or more.

Thanks-

James

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, looks like we have 3 confirmed so far and a couple of possibles.

For those that want to, we can meet at my house... I'll even BBQ, nothing like Paul & Barb's later this month but it will be better than fast food and it is on the way. :)

James

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME event with 5 Vipers showing!!! Truly one of the most enjoyable times I have had in my car. I hope the kids had as much fun as I did. :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was reading Charley's post on facebook. Way to go guys. I know the kids love it and often it really does make a difference later in their lives.

Ted

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly don't think I have ever seen 5 Vipers with more dirt on them. The little circle drive we gave the kids rides on was dirt and certainly a little dusty.

Did you know that by revving the engine in a GTS to 4500 rpms you can get cheers from the crowd, make your passenger smile ear to ear and make the trike 10 feet behind you disappear into a cloud of dust all at the same time?? :rolaugh:
Seriously, this was one of those rare cases where rear exhaust was an advantage over side exhaust, as the SRTs blew dust into the crowd waiting for rides, almost compensating for the fact that they could put the top down and enjoy the beautiful weather when I had to rely on A/C...

Totally agree with Charley, the smiles on the kids, the camp counselors and even the Viper owners was well worth the time we will all now spend cleaning the cars! :headbang:

Thank you very much to everyone who participated, including two Vipers with less than 12k miles! :2tu:

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's that time of year again, the Royal Family Kid's camp event is next week ---> Tuesday July 19th, 2011 <---

This year there will be a Spaghetti dinner available for $5 and also for those that can arrive close to 6 we will have a meeting place so we can convoy in together!

"All of you driving cars and riding motorcycles we would like you to marshal at the Texaco station 2 miles east of the Cedar Springs entrance on HWY 92 arriving there no later than 6:15pm. We will then cruise from there as a group to Cedar Springs to make a grand entrance with all the kids waiting for us. If you are not able to meet at the Texaco station at that time then please go straight to Cedar Springs as soon as you can arrive. I will be at the Texaco station to help organize everyone that arrives there."

Directions - North on 405 to 522 East, 3rd exit by Costco is HWY 9 turn Left (North). Take Hwy 9 north through Snohomish and Lake Stevens then right on Hwy. 92 (sign for Granite Falls). Cedar Springs Camp is 3.2 miles down on left side.

When you get to Cedar Springs, please follow the road to the left past red horse barn till you see a day camp register here sign and turn right there. There will be a big group of motorcycles too!!

Cedar Springs Camp
4820 State Route 92
Lake Stevens, WA 98258-9623

I will be answering any questions and helping our club members, but if any questions arise about Royal Family Kids Camp or this event beyond our involvement, our contact is Erich Britton 425-772-0183.

If you are able to please join us and help make this a pleasant experience for the kids!!!

Thank you-

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think you might be able to attend and are potentially interested in the $5 Spaghetti dinner, please let me know ASAP as I need to give them a rough count today.

Thanks!

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though it rained on and off scaring most people away, we had two Vipers, a mid-60s T-Bird, a 67 Camaro, two Army jeeps, 3 Firetrucks and roughly 40 motorcycles including one from Bothell police!

The kids had a great time and we were invited back for next year!

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This year's event will be the 17th of July, same place. Great opportunity to put a smile on underpriveldged kids' faces. Besides it is good feeling when they run past the firetruck complete with its lights on to come talk to you about your car!

Some cars are there for show only, others also give rides (which will get the cars dusty) either way, please save the date and come join us!

royalfamilykids.org
ROYAL FAMILY KIDS CAMP
VEHICLE EXTRAVAGANZA
6:30pm JULY 17[SUP]TH[/SUP] 2012
CEDAR SPRINGS 4820 SR 92 LAKE STEVENS, WA.
We are inviting you to come take part in an opportunity to bless a group of foster kids by showing off your Hot Rods, Exotic Cars and Motorcycles. All you need to do is show up and show off.
The primary purpose of Royal Family KIDS Camp is to give these boys and girls, ages 7 to 11, a week of positive memories in a Christian environment. Camp is FUN and this event is just one of the many ways these kids will get to have fun during this week of camp.
We will marshal all the cars and motorcycles at the Texaco station that is 2 miles east of the Cedar Springs driveway on HWY 92. Please be there between 6pm and 6:15pm. If you are not able be there that early then go straight to Cedar Springs. Dinner will be offered in the Camp Dining Hall for $5 per person following the event.
Thank you Erich Britton

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok everyone, they are looking for a preliminary count for this charity event. Feel free to email or PM me if you prefer not to post.

What I am looking for is to get a count both of how many cars we might expect and also how many for dinner which would include any guests.

Thanks in advance for your help making this annual event a success!

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a few more Vipers for this annual event for abused and neglected kids! This will be our 4th year of the event and every year the kid's and camp organizers have been very appreciative of the club's support.

It is a free event, unless you want the Spaghetti dinner in which case a $5 donation is suggested. Come join us and help put a smile on kid's faces that have not had the easy life.

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning to come over for the event. I sent you an email also. I think they are predicting dry weather. I would rather wash dust off my car instead of mud.

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all that contacted me and thanks to Steve for sending out a follow up reminder.
It looks like it will be a perfect day for a Viper ride on Tuesday!

Any questions call my cell or email me.... James

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This year's event:

royalfamilykids.org
ROYAL FAMILY KIDS CAMP
VEHICLE EXTRAVAGANZA
6:30pm JULY 16TH 2013
CEDAR SPRINGS 4820 SR 92 LAKE STEVENS, WA.
We are inviting you to come take part in an opportunity to bless a group of foster kids
by showing off your Hot Rods, Exotic Cars and Motorcycles. All you need to do is show
up and show off.
The primary purpose of Royal Family KIDS Camp is to give these boys and girls, ages
7 to 11, a week of positive memories in a Christian environment. Camp is FUN and this
event is just one of the many ways these kids will get to have fun during this week of
camp.
We will marshal all the cars and motorcycles at the Texaco station 2 miles east of the
Cedar Springs driveway on HWY 92. Please arrive no later than 6:15pm to be a part of
the cruise to Cedar Springs. If you are unable to meet at 6:15 then go directly to Cedar
Springs. There will be dinner available in the Cedar Springs dining hall at a cost of $5
per person.
Please contact Erich Britton at [email protected] or call 425-772-0183 to
confirm your commitment to helping these kids have fun.

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Tuesday the 16th (less than a week away!) we have a great event.

The Viper club has been attending this event since 2009 and every year the kids are thrilled. Whether your car is for show and you want to show it off with the hood up or whether you are up for giving kids rides (and maybe even a few donuts in the field...) whatever you are game for this event is great and allows us to share our vehicles with the less fortunate kids and create a positive experience.

PLEASE plan to arrive at Texaco station between 6 and 6:15 instead of the camp so we can make a grand entrance with the motorcycles and other vehicles.

James Retych
206-799-8006
[email protected]
----------- More details about the event below ------

The event is in association with Cedar Park Christian Church called Royal Family Kids' Camps, which is an international organization that provides a week long overnight camp for abused, neglected, and abandoned foster children ages 7 to 11. The idea is to create positive memories for these kids.

Nation's leading network of camps for abused kids - Royal Family Kids' Camps

royalfamilykids.org
ROYAL FAMILY KIDS CAMP
VEHICLE EXTRAVAGANZA
6:30pm JULY 16TH 2013
CEDAR SPRINGS CAMP address is 4820 SR 92 LAKE STEVENS, WA.

We are inviting you to come take part in an opportunity to bless a group of foster kids
by showing off your Hot Rods, Exotic Cars and Motorcycles.
All you need to do is show up and show off.

The primary purpose of Royal Family KIDS Camp is to give these boys and girls, ages
7 to 11, a week of positive memories in a Christian environment. Camp is FUN and this
event is just one of the many ways these kids will get to have fun during this week of
camp.

We will marshal all the cars and motorcycles at the Texaco station 2 miles east of the
Cedar Springs driveway on HWY 92. Please arrive no later than 6:15pm to be a part of
the cruise to Cedar Springs. If you are unable to meet at 6:15 then go directly to Cedar
Springs. There will be dinner available in the Cedar Springs dining hall at a cost of $5
per person.
Any questions, contact Erich Britton at [email protected] or call 425-772-0183

Over the years we have had anywhere from 4 to 7 Vipers and we would love to break our record this year!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets