Check engine light on...

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The check engine light is on steady (not flashing) after just getting it out of storage and starting it for the first time. Will the light reset itself after some driving or will the dealer have to reset it?

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry...neglected to mention that it is a 2008 Viper ACR and I did have the battery out during winter storage but it is fully charged now and is currently on the onboard battery tender as we speak. I feel confident that the check engine light will extinguish after I get a chance to drive it for a few drive cycles.
The check engine light is on steady (not flashing) after just getting it out of storage and starting it for the first time. Will the light reset itself after some driving or will the dealer have to reset it?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you at no charge. Then you will know if there is an issue. If you were local I would yell you to bring it over and I would do it for you. Easy and only takes a minute.

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon B. suggested that it should take only 3 - 5 engine cycles to extinguish the light and he was correct as usual. Light is off and car runs fine.