Chicago Viper Questions..

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi folks... I'm here, expect the city to start falling apart soon.

I am staying at the Grande Plaza for about 3 months, while I do house shopping and getting to know the area. But I have a few questions.

1. Should I bother to have my Viper shipped up here before I buy my new house? I ask because I don't know if there will be any value in it, will I be able to drive it these next 3 months?
2. If I can use it up here, do any of you guys with **** houses in the chicago area mind putting it up for a few months? I ask this because I have a paid parking pass in the adjacent parking garage, but I do NOT feel comfortable parking my car there. As a trade, if you put up my viper, I can give you a free downtown parking spot :) (for your non viper, if you travel to work by way of car).
3. Am I allowed at the Christmas party? I know I am a Carolina's VCA memeber, but can I get it converted to IL? When and Where is the party?
4. Do any of you folks get together in downtown at all? Would be nice to meet a few of you before the christmas party.
5. Anyone have an information on the Autobahn country club? Anyone a member? Any insight? worth the price? Lots of track time?
6. What dealership is the Viper Friendliest? Who is the best dealership to have my viper worked on by? I am still under warranty, and expect to break more parts :laugh:

Provide any additional insight or information I havent thought of yet, please.

Thank you.

Jon

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chicago chews up cars and spits them out a dented scratced mess, between valet parking attendent and parking structures. I would not get the car sent there until you have a safe place to park it. I think membership in the National VCA will automatically make you a member of your local chapter wherever that may be(pretty sure but not positve)

bullish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Jon

Wecome to Chicago

I wish you luck on finding your new house. Give me a call if you need any help on the financing of your new home. I own a mortgage company right out side Chi Town.

Pat
630-669-5853

diabolos88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
welcome to the Windy City. What building do you have your parking space at? I'm a city dweller but also have a house in the burbs. If you need help with home shopping, my wifes got her real estates license and would be more than helpful in assisting you. If you need a place to put your snake let me know, I have a bunch of Viper people that can put it up for you while you find your new pad. I've been to the Autobahn track with an invite from RedBull North America, its really cool. I hear that their memberships are all sold out though. Just a word of advice, don't drive your car downtown, your wheels will thank you. Chitown streets are notoriously ripped up and the manholes are about 1-2inches from streetlevel, that will kill your wheels. I know first hand!
peace

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
welcome to the Windy City. What building do you have your parking space at? I'm a city dweller but also have a house in the burbs. If you need help with home shopping, my wifes got her real estates license and would be more than helpful in assisting you. If you need a place to put your snake let me know, I have a bunch of Viper people that can put it up for you while you find your new pad. I've been to the Autobahn track with an invite from RedBull North America, its really cool. I hear that their memberships are all sold out though. Just a word of advice, don't drive your car downtown, your wheels will thank you. Chitown streets are notoriously ripped up and the manholes are about 1-2inches from streetlevel, that will kill your wheels. I know first hand!
peace

Bullish, Thanks for the offer, but part of my relocation package gets me set up with Bank Of America and Wells Fargo, so I've already worked with them to get pre approved. Unless you have rates to beat them, I don't know if their is a gain for me.

Diablo's

Thanks for the offer on the realtor, again, relo package is covering all that, and I have a great agent, we have been out about 6 or 7 times already looking at properties, I am very finiky, and just havent found that fit yet. But still looking. Darn, thats unfortunet news that the Autobahn is all sold out, dang !! I guess I could get on a waiting list? My parking space is on dearborn and grande, again its at the Grande Plaza. 3 Months all paid for ;) So who are these peeps that are fellow viper owners that could put up a fellow snake? What I am looking for is the flexibility to come get it on occassion and just go for a drive. I really need my car time, city is awesome, but I want to be able to get away, so hopefully they are relatively close to a mass transit ruote, so I could get the car on the weekend or something... Anyways, those are just random thoughts.. As for the streets, I have a second set of stocker 2002 rims and tires.. lol, while they are in excellent condition, I still would rather they get thrashed, then my chromie ACR's.

thanks for eveyones response.

Jon

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome dude!

Not a particularly attractive time of year to come to Chi-town but you'll be glad you're hear once you get settled. I only have a 2-car garage so I can't give you much help on the storage front....hopefully someone can. Definitely, DO NOT store it in any parking garage unless you want to make alot of insurance claims.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome dude!

Not a particularly attractive time of year to come to Chi-town but you'll be glad you're hear once you get settled. I only have a 2-car garage so I can't give you much help on the storage front....hopefully someone can. Definitely, DO NOT store it in any parking garage unless you want to make alot of insurance claims.

Right, thats my immediate concern.. I know it will get Phucked with. So I sure am not going to have it shipped until I am sure of its safety.

King Snake !! long time no chat !! How ya been? SvSi would definetly house it, while they did mod work for it.. lol, doubt they just allow people to store their vipers there..

Jon

DAWING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Autobahn just closed for the season.You can still probably get a track tour.There are only a few memberships left at $25000 a pop.The track is open to members 6 days a week 9-5.Members get to run both tracks combined a couple times a year (24 turns I think).I have no complaints about the track I just need a tranny that shifts,an engine that doesn't overheat and Nascar brakes....oh and a new valvetrain components as a result of the formentioned tranny.
http://www.autobahncountryclub.net/index.html

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autobahn just closed for the season.You can still probably get a track tour.There are only a few memberships left at $25000 a pop.The track is open to members 6 days a week 9-5.Members get to run both tracks combined a couple times a year (24 turns I think).I have no complaints about the track I just need a tranny that shifts,an engine that doesn't overheat and Nascar brakes....oh and a new valvetrain components as a result of the formentioned tranny.
http://www.autobahncountryclub.net/index.html

ahhh.. cool, so memberships due still exist? I guess I need to call them and get the scoop. Thx !!

Jon