Chirped a tire braking with ABS - comments?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 GTS. Hit the brakes medium hard from about a buck ten and the DS front tire chirped a bit. Some important tidbits:

-> I was going straight.

-> Car handled beautifully.

-> OE wheels & brakes.

-> Pilot Sport tires date code 17th week 2006. Good tread.

Is this chirp I got to be disregarded?

Payne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ABS isnt magic.

The wheel has to lock first before the ABS will engage.

It will lock for an instant, then the ABS will detect zero wheelspeed, then relase that caliper...

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is....
Did you spill your beer?

It was more like, did my date wet her...

Anyway, prior to the GTS, my only experience with ABS is heavy pickup trucks like my 4x4 F350. It weighs 7000 lbs loaded with fuel, let alone the fact the ABS works way differently. Straight line braking on smooth pavement in the Super Duty is scary if you activate the ABS. The Viper was so good I feel encouraged to go fast all the time. :smirk:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is this "ABS" you speak of? Your car came equipped with this technology? Are windows and door handles part of this future machine you pilot?

Sometimes, on long trips, I work on my abs too...never chirped a tire, though. It's help to tone up AND pass the time!

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was more like, did my date wet her...

Anyway, prior to the GTS, my only experience with ABS is heavy pickup trucks like my 4x4 F350. It weighs 7000 lbs loaded with fuel, let alone the fact the ABS works way differently. Straight line braking on smooth pavement in the Super Duty is scary if you activate the ABS. The Viper was so good I feel encouraged to go fast all the time. :smirk:

Try this same test at 110 mph in your truck and report back the results! :D

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should be driving a Dodge with a Cummins, it’s good for 115, want to race:D:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302