Chucks BBQ - Meeting Spot - NJ Turnpike & Long Island Vipers - MUST READ

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok guys here it is. i did this trip tonight to make sure the meeting spots given went all smooth and no one gets lost and vipers could hook up with other vipers. here it is!!

1 - If you are coming from the south and are taking the New Jersey Turnpike North (I-95N) there is a rest area-truck(last rest stop 2 miles from toll booth)area where you can get SUNOCO gas and food and hook up with other vipers right before the George Washington Bridge. i suggest you guys meet there at 9am. once you all meet get back on the Turnpike North follow signs for FORT LEE and George Washington Bridge and take the Upper Level. Bare right to pay $6. CASH TOLL. Once you on the Bridge bare left for 95 North - Cross Bronx Expressway. Take White Stone Bridge EXIT and GET OFF LAST EXIT BEFORE TOLL which is Ferry Point Park. Go Straight and you will see a motel on the right hand corner and make a right there. there is no other way for you to go except right. at the next corner make another right on BRUSH AVE. take it up north for about a mile. You will pass first set of lights which is lafayette and the second light is Bruckner. at Bruckner which is the second light make a right and you will see HUTCHINSON PKWY on the LEFT. Get onto that and about 1/4 mile you will see a rest area with gas and MCDonalds. There is room for about 20 cars there and the Long Island vipers will meet there around 9:30ish.

2 - Long Island Vipers take Cross Island PKWY. Right before Throngs Neck Bridge there is a rest area and a marina/boats on the right. This is about 1/2 mile off the LIE exit so go slow and stay on right so you dont miss it. Also dont speed around there. there is room there for about 10 cars. We are shooting to meet there at 9am. we will then leave at around 9:15 and meet everyone else over by the McDonalds on the Hutchinson Pkwy for 9:30.

let me know if you have any quetions. i will also send out mass email.

My CELL 917 923 0625. :2tu:

TURNPIKE REST AREA MAP
432turnpike1.jpg

CROSS BRONX MAP
432CROSS-BRONX.jpg

ALL THE RIGHTS YOU HAVE TO MAKE ONCE YOU GET ON THE WHITE STONE EXIT
432GW2.jpg

432brushabruckner.jpg

hope this helps

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Chucks BBQ - Meeting Spot - NJ Turnpike & Long Island Vipers - MUST REA

McDonalds on the hutch? I guess you will be going straight up the hutch, into 684 and up to the Katonah, Rt. 35 exit? I'll either meet up with you guys on the Hutch at the Mobil Gas station after the Mamaroneck exit, or where you would be bearing left to go to 684 as you go under 287. See you sat.

Thanks for the efforts, President Dimitiros

Andrew

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

I am planning on taking a trip to NC with family could you plot out the route, rest stops and of course ******* along the way for me !! :headbang: :) :headbang:

Only kidding, you the man......thanks from all of us

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm next D. I'll be going to LBI this summer with the family. I'll need a complete itinerary made up.

AC

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

R U guys busting chops??? ok thats it im done with directions n meeting spots!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I read on another post that the NJ Vipers are taking the scenic route (less traffic). Turnpike -> Palisades Pkwy -> Tappan Zee -> 684. No GWB!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Avip, we are they meeting?

im meeting a viper on rt3 in clifton and then im not sure which way we are going.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

R U guys busting chops??? ok thats it im done with directions n meeting spots!

Very sensitive since we lost our valve caps ......

We love you man..............

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"I read on another post that the NJ Vipers are taking the scenic route (less traffic). Turnpike -> Palisades Pkwy -> Tappan Zee -> 684. No GWB!"

AviP, you joining us??

yellow94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Chucks BBQ - Meeting Spot - NJ Turnpike & Long Island Vipers - MUST READ

Nice job on the directions D!!

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Chucks BBQ - Meeting Spot - NJ Turnpike & Long Island Vipers - MUST READ

Sounds like its shaping up to be the BIGGEST event to date.....hmmm. Only wished I lived farther away so I could join the run up. I am almost thinking of driving down to meet back up! BTW the weather report is looking great so far.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Chucks BBQ - Meeting Spot - NJ Turnpike & Long Island Vipers - MUST

Last post...off to Pocono 4:30 am. D - thanks for the set-up, see you Sat....somewhere. Greg...I'll call you.

Andrew

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Directions Dimitrios. Put on some cheap ass valve caps when you stop off the cross island pkwy.

Charlie
----------------
99 Silver RT/10
70 Charger R/T 440
300 HP John Deer Rider Mower
120 Inch Plasma TV
60,000 BTU Stainless Outdoor Grill

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

I read on another post that the NJ Vipers are taking the scenic route (less traffic). Turnpike -> Palisades Pkwy -> Tappan Zee -> 684. No GWB!

I'm not sure about the NJ club, but thats close to the route I'm taking. I can't stand GW Bridge route. I'm going up 95 to Garden State to TZ.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Directions Dimitrios. Put on some cheap ass valve caps when you stop off the cross island pkwy.

Hahaa!!!! Charlie whats up see you at Chucks

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bonkers, you're gonna pass right by where we'll be...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"I read on another post that the NJ Vipers are taking the scenic route (less traffic). Turnpike -> Palisades Pkwy -> Tappan Zee -> 684. No GWB!"

AviP, you joining us??

No. I'll see you at Tator's.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

k looks like we are on per say Chuck T. this map and meeting spots are only if you want to join us. if u have arranged other meeting spots and plans thats fine too.

NJ turnpike rest stop after exit 17. be there for 9am and try to get toghether to leave at 9:15. Long Island cars (about 15-20 vipers)will intercept those guys from NJ Turnpike and over GW bridge at 9:30-9:45 at citgo/mcdonalds. thanks n see u all tomorrow.

DK

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cams are mounted and ready to roll. camera on the hood weighs less than 2lbs. any chance it will damage the hood? what you guys think?
432cam1.jpg

432CAM2.jpg

432cam3.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no already tried it. took the vid around the block. camera has a stabilizer so there was no shaking on idl . just a bit over bumps. i have to be on the right of the other vipers to get them in the shot. should be kewl.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey D - your car looks badazzz- first time i've seen it with the top off, show off them purty seats

cams look perfect :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

watch out for *** holes...

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The freeze frame of the bugs face as he splats on the lens might be funny! Gonna be alot of gunk on that thing when you get there. Damn I wish I lived farther away.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios,

What kind of camera (setting?) are you using to get those still shots of cars in motion? They look so clear! When I tried pics like that the cars looked all blurry. Just curious.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios,

What kind of camera (setting?) are you using to get those still shots of cars in motion? They look so clear! When I tried pics like that the cars looked all blurry. Just curious.

yes thats right i forgot about you since you asked me last week. i use a Single lens reflex and have it shutter priority where i get to pick the shutter settings, in this case at 500-1000th of a sec to freeze any movement or camera shake. the camera sets the aperture or F stop automatically acording to the lighting situation. i used my little point and shoot one weekend doing the same and the pics wer blurry since you really dont have much control on the lil point and shoot automatic cameras. are you coming with us tomorrow?