Classified Ad -VICTIM Warning-

Dr Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Use caution when dealing with Randy Gilbert in Pittsburg,Pa. selling anything in the classified section. I was burned when I bought a "Skip Shift Eliminator" from him. I inquired if it was a plug in "unit" and he told me it was. For $35.00 I received a 10 cent 1/4 watt resistor and a poor quality (unusable) copy of the "Performance Industries" instruction sheet for installing the resistor. My requests for a refund were unanswered. I now have a 10 cent resistor and instructions I can't even use to install the above piece of junk!
His ad was posted on 10-24-03 but now has been removed. The ad # was 4619.
I hope no one else was burned by Randy Gilbert. USE CAUTION!!!!!

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr. V,
Thanks for the warning. Sorry you got ripped off, and I do know how you feel. What goes around comes around.
Doc

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's also on e-bay, that's where I got burned!!!!
Guess that's the way the vette guys get even!!!! :eek:
The guy's just an ***!!!!!!!!
He'll get his someday.....

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were unsure about the purchase, why did you buy the skipshift anyway? I'm only interjecting because I bought that SS brake line set off him (Stoptech no less WITH Motul 600 fluid) and had ZERO problems.

FYI -

Mike

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got burned by this guy too. Same exact situation. I contacted the administrators and they removed the ad. He was also pretending to be a VCA Member. He has been suspended until he gives refunds.

He goes by bigr1 here and at the alley. If you look at his post history it will send you to an ebay link of an item he is selling. Go to the link and go through his feedback. One of the auctions is for the same exact item he was selling. He bought it for $8.95. He must have gotten the item, photocopied the directions and went to Radio shack and bought a bunch of resistors.

I have information more information on this guy. PM me for more details.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a looser :confused: :mad: Good thing you guys keep an eye out on this stuff so others won't suffer. Thanks for the info.

-Lou

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, anyone have the specs and instructions to save us the $$$ (or more realistically the long 1-2 shifts when we don't pay attention)?

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Remove the CAGS wiring harness that connects to the solenoid on the top of the transmission.

2. Disconnect the harness from the solenoid.

3. Plug a 2.2 ohm .5 watt resistor inserted into the female portion of the CAGS wiring harness.

You must be registered for see images

The pic is from an LS1 but the same principles apply.

RON98GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
isnt this the same guy that was buying blower kits and marking them up 2 grand and trying to sell them to us?? what a **** bag.

Reaction score

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. Granted he is not false advertising, he isnt very good at gaining repeat customer business.

That is literally an 8 cent part. Uhhh.

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I only paid $14 for that 10 cent Radio shack resistor. (P/N 271-1325, 2.2K ohms)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disabled my 2003 suzuki hayabusa , which is limited from the factory. I found out it's only a resistor and it can be spliced between 2 wires. Total cost about 1 dollar since the resistor was only sold in packs of 10. Took about 1/2 to install.

Gerald

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got burned by this guy myself. I received it last friday. A little late for this post. Actually, I bought FOUR of these resistors to hand out at our Christmas party.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this him?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33733&item=2443515067

This add clearly shows a resister.

Im trying to find the seller.

No, that is not the seller, he bought it from that guy I think. He was scamming people off the VCA Classifieds. He said he paid $70.00 for it and it was like a Northwind model. The Northwind model has OEM style connectors. The connectors will protect the open end of the terminals and you do not need to use duct tape to protect them.

I ended up buying one from Mid-America and installed it this weekend. If anybody wants the resistor mod he sent me, let me know.

Reaction score
I disabled my 2003 suzuki hayabusa , which is limited from the factory. I found out it's only a resistor and it can be spliced between 2 wires. Total cost about 1 dollar since the resistor was only sold in packs of 10. Took about 1/2 to install.

Gerald

Heck...you could have done a group buy or something to help your Viper brothers out!!! :) LOL!!!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now that we know this guy is a scam artist, we don't have him on the board selling things, right?
He's banned, right?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is banned until he gives refunds to people he scammed. I say let him keep my $35 and just ban him permanantly.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For any of you who have been scammed by him on ebay, add it to his feedback as a followup if you can - that'll help others until he gets a new account at least.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now that we know this guy is a scam artist, we don't have him on the board selling things, right?
He's banned, right?

Right.

He pretty much abused this part of the posting policy to the max..... then to add to the problem, he violated the free VCA member classifed policy as well.

6. Classified ad posts to the forums will be deleted. Non-Viper Commercial posts will be deleted with the exception of approved commercial posts by site sponsors. Please note that classified ads, in our classifieds area, are free to VCA members.

Since posters caught the "scams" this fellow posted on the forums (like the 100% markup "introductory offer" he posted on the supercharger) they were left up for laughs....