Clear Bra Film

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case anybody is interested, I can get the paint protection film(clear bra) for the fronts of your viper at a discount. I've had it on my car for over 3 years, front end looks brand new. I also have it on the backs of my mirrors and the leading edge of the top.

Works unbelievable. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

Rob

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I’ve got an appointment to get my snake professionally polished and waxed to remove all of those annoying spider scratches and such next week. (Christmas present from my wonderful spouse!) One of the services they were recommending going forward was to add a 3M clear mask as I like using a nose mask from time to time. They want $300 I think.

Can a end user easily perform installation of this product or is this a job for a professional?

Either way, is this product the way to go?

OP
OP
B

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 3M film. It is the only film that is proved not to yellow over several years. I would recommend having a window tint shop install it. It can be done yourself, but it's a little tricky in a couple of areas. It's easy to find a company to do it. I can send a installation video with it.

The bugs will never stick to your car again. No rock chips to worry about. I can't say enough about it. There are several viper owners here I've gotten it for. They too are exteremly happy with the 3M film. We've sold over 100 kits for all makes of cars.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To those who have it, for dark colored cars, how well can you tell that it's there? How much shine and gloss come through the film?

OP
OP
B

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shine is the same as a well polished car. The film has a high shine/gloss to it.

The film is invisible.

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rob, as a VCA member, how much would I save buying the material from you rather than my installer? I imagine that most of the $300 cost I was quoted is for labor?

OP
OP
B

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to know if you are being quoted a standard kit(3 piece) or a deluxe kit(8 piece). Here's an example:

97'GTS: the deluxe kit will cost you $275. The standard will cost $105.

I can send you a picture of the kit and what it covers. My kits cover more area than just about anybody else.

You need to compare the coverage area. The film's cost is based on square inches.

The quote you have sounds like for film only. Let me know how I can help.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had it done to mine and it cost like $900 but the whole front nose incl. lights and fogs,mirrors,wheel arch front and rear.It works great.I have had it on my M-3 for 3 years.It took the installer all day .It is no easy job.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it on my car. Did it myself. Tricky? A little ... I just took my time. About 8 hours for me to do. I did hood, mirrors, facia top and bottom. I even got some bulk material and did some extra for the uncovered parts of the facia (parts the pre cut did not cover) and the side sills. The trick is to keep it wet and to NOT use too much pressure with the application tool (I did and payed for it). With too much pressure you end up with streaks invisible to the naked eye, but with a good pair of polarized sun glasses the streaks are visible. 2 years and it hasn't yellowed with a little bit of track use. I'm sure it would age quicker on the sills if I tracked a whole lot.

ntsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought 3 kits from BluBite, 100% satisfied. Dont buy a cheaper, low rent kit, did that and suffered for it.

1 1997 Blue/white GTS
1 2003 Toyota silver Sequia
1 2004 Infiniti Black G35 coupe.

I road race the GTS and front is still perfect after over a year racining every month.

my wife has run the sequia into the wall a few times and film protects its great.

On the black, I just wax the clear bra like the car, cant even see it.

hope this helps.

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have blubite's kits on both my graphite R/T and the wife's silver T-Bird. The film looks fine on either the dark or light color. I track the R/T and had already re-painted my front fascia once which cost more than the installed cost of the film, plus several days of downtime. If you figure a re-paint every year or two the film is paid for in one season, and only takes a few hours to install...

I was also able to get some bulk material from him to put on the side sills and under the rear fascia to keep the Kumhos from sandblasting the paint in those areas.

I think the 3M film is the only one with a real long warranty.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an after market le mans style facia which is totally different from stock. Where or how do I get this product for the facia ??

sn8kbyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the Long Island/NY area,and looking for a top shop to do the work. Can anyone recommend one. Thanks CB 2002F/E

MAMBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the deluxe kit come with film for the front of the side sills on a 95 RT/10. I'm just getting ready to repaint the front fascia and the side sills so the timing is perfect. How much for the deluxe kit for a 95 and what is included? I sent you a PM but maybe you didn't get it.
Thanks.

ntsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

These are the precut kits available off the shelf and dropped shipped ASAP. The prices listed are MSRP. Contact BluBite for VCA discount and other promotions @ [email protected]

Any area of any car can be protected. If the kit does not cover an area in the kit just buy a small roll, it can be bought from BLUBITE per square inch pricing. Just figure out what you need.

You must be registered for see images attach

PRODUCT INFO:
3M Scotchal Paint Protection Film. 3M Clear coated 8 mil urethane film contains UV inhibitors and will not yellow like other films. Invisible installation and guaranteed not to yellow, fade, crack or peel. This paint protection film acts as body aromor, and protects painted areas from damage due to bug acids, rock chips, road salt, and sand. Includes installation video, application solution, spray bottles and required squegee tools for proper installation.

Kit comes with a limited 5 year warranty against yellowing, cracking and shrinking. 5 year durability warantee against defects,

A 3M paint protectant film-> Invisible Auto Bra. Our computer cut urethane paint protection kits replace both unsightly bug shields and leather / vinyl bras for all vehicle types with a hi-tech film system that is aerodynamic and virtually invisible when properly installed. This is the same product on the NASCAR race teams and is approved for use by major automobile, truck and motorhome manufacturers as a suitable replacement for traditional car, truck or jeep bug shields or bras.

PROPERTIES: Created with special OEM approved materials, Clear BRA provides excellent adhesion to base coat and clear coat paint systems. Invinca-Shield is a non-yellowing 'INVISIBLE' protection film with UV inhibitors and eliminates paint damage from flying insect excretions/acids, stone chips, road salt, and ash. A permanent installation that can be removed without damage to the vehicle, Invinca-Shield does not require the drilling of holes for mechanical attachment. Invinca-Shield is a unique system that virtually eliminates the potential for corrosion and paint abrasions. Invisible yet Invincible against paint damages from insects and stone chips. Invinca-Shield will help your vehicles to retain their value and will ultimately save time and money in reconditioning expenses. Pre-Cut Paint protection Film Kits with a patented Clear-Coat finish.

Over 2500 model Kits to choose from. Custom Kits available upon request

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys,

These are the precut kits available off the shelf and dropped shipped ASAP. The prices listed are MSRP. Contact BluBite for VCA discount and other promotions @ [email protected]

Email is invalid... :confused:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>
(reason: 550 Host unknown)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <[email protected]>... Host unknown (Name server: telvcove.net: host not found)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This sounds like a great price!!! I am getting my front fascia repainted and I will get a set! I had one on my car for a while..it's well worth it.

ntsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Email is invalid... :confused:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>
(reason: 550 Host unknown)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <[email protected]>... Host unknown (Name server: telvcove.net: host not found)

sorry,

butter fingers

[email protected]

OP
OP
B

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can be reached @ 904-813-8834.

I was trying to put together a group buy for our viper friends. If I can get 10 kits sold, there will even be additional savings.

I will be happy to also quote any other make of car, if anybody is interested.

Just give me a call.

Thanks,

Rob

ntsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you asking for the kit? I like that RIK SPECIAL one that covers more of the hood. Let me know. I am pretty interested.

I got the RIK Special, it the only way to go for gen 2

OP
OP
B

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, here's the costs:

92'-96' RT10 Standard Kit $182 Deluxe Kit $421

97'-02' RT10 Standard Kit $84 Deluxe kit $315

96'-02' GTS Standard Kit $84 Deluxe Kit $315

Let me know if you are interested. I can be reached @ 904-813-8834