Clear Bra install on an ACR? Canard removal?

97fatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Debating if I should remove the canards and front splitter? I believe I would get a cleaner look if at least the canards were removed and re-installed over the clear bra. Anyone removed their canards and reinstalled. Looks like they are riveted on.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My canards were removed not the splitter. My installer knew one of our local Viper techs and got the necessary rivets to put it back on.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have pre-made patterns for canards now. Looks very clean if you use ventureshield. I would not remove anything if you have a good installer.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry the pre-made cut outs aren't as good as someone cutting the proper pattern out of a full sheet. I have looked at many of these installers and I am less than impressed with the cut out patterns. I used the top installer in NY.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine were not removed and they custom cut them and it looks fine . The whole front of my car from winshield foward is covered most people have no clue I have it all clear bra'd. Also did front half of roof ,front of wing ,side sills and behind every wheel

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry the pre-made cut outs aren't as good as someone cutting the proper pattern out of a full sheet. I have looked at many of these installers and I am less than impressed with the cut out patterns. I used the top installer in NY.

Depends what they use. We have a great installer in our area. My sills were done out of bulk and my front bumper was pre-made. People can't tell, they will be standing beside the car, I will tell them i have clear bra and they don't believe me. I have to show them the edge, they have to physically touch it, then they believe. There are so many garbage clear bra brands out there. You can't compare a 3m name brand to ventureshield.

Last edited:

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, the ones I've seen the seam is very evident. My car also has no seams, like yours. I guess it matters on the installer.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have installed film on over 100 Vipers all over the country. The film matters, yes, but film is only part of the equation. Precut patterns are really the best way to go. And just like there are different films there are different pattern companies out there. So you could get multiple patterns with the same film and all the installs would look different. The best pattern I have seen out there is made by EnPro Distributing. It is custom made for the ACR so you do not have to remove the canards... which is a pain in the ass for really no benefit. Tucking the edges under the canard is fairly easy and if for some reason the film becomes damaged you don't have to take of the canards off again to replace the film.

VentureShield Ultra is a great film and I have been using it for years. The new Avery Nano Fusion film is head and shoulders better and is the only film out there now with a lifetime warranty for both material and labor. VentureShield is now 5 years thanks to 3M taking over. Nano Fusion is perfectly smooth and does not stain. It is also much easier to install.

Going with a good film and a good pattern is the way to go. There are only a handful of good custom installers out there. Most people think they have a good custom install until the film is removed only to discover cut marks all over the paint.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97Fatboy, my cannards are attached with nylock nuts, not rivets. The rivets loosen over time.

Putting clear bra on them is a good idea. Mine are painted body color (and no clear bra) and I can show you how much the aero works and how much crap hits them. Good luck, Mike

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have installed film on over 100 Vipers all over the country. The film matters, yes, but film is only part of the equation. Precut patterns are really the best way to go. And just like there are different films there are different pattern companies out there. So you could get multiple patterns with the same film and all the installs would look different. The best pattern I have seen out there is made by EnPro Distributing. It is custom made for the ACR so you do not have to remove the canards... which is a pain in the ass for really no benefit. Tucking the edges under the canard is fairly easy and if for some reason the film becomes damaged you don't have to take of the canards off again to replace the film.

VentureShield Ultra is a great film and I have been using it for years. The new Avery Nano Fusion film is head and shoulders better and is the only film out there now with a lifetime warranty for both material and labor. VentureShield is now 5 years thanks to 3M taking over. Nano Fusion is perfectly smooth and does not stain. It is also much easier to install.

Going with a good film and a good pattern is the way to go. There are only a handful of good custom installers out there. Most people think they have a good custom install until the film is removed only to discover cut marks all over the paint.

T Venom, which film will you be bringing to OKC this weekend??????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang