Clear Bra Owners

F

FrgMstr

Get a clear bra from an installer with a good reputation that does not use kits and you will be much more happy with the fit and finish, not to mention the reduced seams and edges that are exposed. I have had both and talk from experience.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a clear bra from an installer with a good reputation that does not use kits and you will be much more happy with the fit and finish, not to mention the reduced seams and edges that are exposed. I have had both and talk from experience.

THIS ^^^^^
It's all about the installer's skill level, make sure you check them out and if possible see their work.
No time to go with cheapest, don't want the car screwed up.

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what can happen if you choose the wrong installer. I would never let anyone cut on my car with a razor...

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a company that makes precut clear film for Vipers. The company is Invisible Mask and the film is very easy to install if you follow the instructions carefully. Using a water and rubbing alcohol wetting solution allows easy placement of the film such that it can be slid into place on the car. It is particularly easy on the relatively flat surfaces like the side sills, hood, and fenders. The worse part was of course the front grill which takes more patience but the pieces are also smaller which helps a bit. Cost to do my ACR was about $400.
PAVenomRT/10

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Be very careful with clear bra on light color cars--the film will discolor over time and depending on the light you will be able to see it after 5 yrs or so. Happened to me on a white Ford GT that I thought I was protecting. Costly to remove with possible paint damage--Dave

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just pulled the original clear bra from my hood and side mirrors. Some of it was yellowed. Most was still clear, but the edges were showing sings of wear that were an eyesore. I left it on the front bumper cover for the time being. Might go ahead and remove it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molgera