Clutch issue...

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Found a small puddle under my tranny and pretty sure I have a fluid leak in the clutch hydraulic system. Won't engage gears after starting until I top off the clutch reservoir and pump it up. Then works normally until it sits for awhile and clutch appears to take a small dump of Motul fluid and won't work until topped off again. Vipertech says probably the slave cylinder inside the clutch that's cut loose. Anyone had this happen??? I'm thinking I probably will have to pay someone to drop the clutch/tranny connection point anyway so might as well put a new clutch in while I'm at it? RT has 19K.

Any insight appreciated. :usa:

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's not unheard of. At 19K you've probaly used it enough to where it would warrant a clutch disk and pressure plate change if the tranny is coming out anyway, it couldn't hurt (except in the wallet) and you won't have to worry about soon down the road. Might be a good time to change out the flywheel to a light weight too if you have been thinking about it. Throw out bearing and slave cylinder are one unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4