Clutch Pedal Adjustment

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it possible for a novice to "tighten up" the clutch pedal on an 08? When the clutch pedal is all the way out, it has a half inch of play and tends to rattle at certain rpms. When you first put your foot on the pedal it feels loose. On my Superformance, I could snug up the pedal and take out the extra play. Thanks for the help.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know there is no adjustment on the clutch pedal. If it feels weak it might need bleeding. This is a common problem on Gen 4s, apparently the factory used Dot 3 fluid in the clutch but now recommends Dot 4. Try bleeding the clutch and replace fluid with Dot 4. This should make the clutch feel tighter.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My clutch pedal is also loose as noticed years ago, I checked different vipers and the are all the same, I would like to look into also .

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
forget about it- its not gonna happen, no---- get used to it, u want that slop play anyway once you get used to it,,

Reaction score
Proper bleeding will improve the feel, but the looseness at the top of the stroke will remain. Have it vacuum bled don't pump bleed it.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
As Mark says, vacuum bleed it. A My-T-Vac works pretty well and is available at many auto parts stores for small bucks.

Tried pump bleeding and it's very tough to get it right.

.....and the small amount of play at the top will never go away.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
problem with pump bleeding that system in particular is air gets trapped in the bends of the lines- godda vacume or pressure bleed as stated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets