clutch replacement

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a clutch from buyclutch.com? Were you satisfied with the product? Was it an OE Luk clutch? Are these guys a legitimate company?
Jerry

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave - I watched the last clutch thread you were on turn into family entertainment. Hope this thread goes as good. :eater:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the right tools, not too bad.

You have to get the car in the air of course. My Race Ramps are 10" tall and then I jack the back to match.

A $60.00 Harbor Freight tranny jack with $40.00 for better casters moves the transmission around.

36" of socket extensions are needed for the upper bell housing screws.

The shifter is kind of a PITA but I custom bent an 18mm wrench to suit.

You need the forked tool for the clutch hydraulic line. A few bucks from Auto Zone.

You'll need a pilot bearing puller if you are going to replace it.

There were a couple bell housing screws that swivel sockets would have been handy on. I now have them for next time.

And you don't have to remove the transmission. Just slide it back in the tunnel.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With the right tools, not too bad.

You have to get the car in the air of course. My Race Ramps are 10" tall and then I jack the back to match.

A $60.00 Harbor Freight tranny jack with $40.00 for better casters moves the transmission around.

36" of socket extensions are needed for the upper bell housing screws.

The shifter is kind of a PITA but I custom bent an 18mm wrench to suit.

You need the forked tool for the clutch hydraulic line. A few bucks from Auto Zone.

You'll need a pilot bearing puller if you are going to replace it.

There were a couple bell housing screws that swivel sockets would have been handy on. I now have them for next time.

And you don't have to remove the transmission. Just slide it back in the tunnel.

What he said. I pulled the tranny out to do a little investigative work, but did not do the clutch. 3 hours from start to finish. GET A Dodge SHOP MANUAL!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a quick note prior to purchasing anything. Make sure you check your clutch fluid , as it is extremely common for us to do a simple flush and , presto, no new clutch is needed.

I know of 3 cases in the last year where Jorgensen was given Carte Blanche to install a new clutch in a Viper and all that was needed was a clutch fluid flush and new fluid installed. Customers were, needless to say, extremely happy.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much are they on that site? Why don't you just buy the LUK kit on Ebay or Autozone? Its 250 bucks or less........This is the same kit you get from the dealer for 500 dollars. Beyond that, heed Dave's advice above and you're all set.

Just checked the price...275 dollars???? Autozone is cheaper.

Go here: AutoZone.com | Shopping | Parts | Product Detail - Clutch Set-Matched

Or here:
eBay Motors: VIPER DODGE GENUINE 92 - 03 LUK NEW CLUTCH KIT (item 150219848323 end time Mar-06-08 13:59:50 PST)

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just send me $400 with your address and I'll have the Luk kit to you in 2 weeks.

1 week from ebay to me, then 1 week from me to...

Here's the box it came in with the Luk logo stamped on all of the parts.

You must be registered for see images

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much are they on that site? Why don't you just buy the LUK kit on Ebay or Autozone? Its 250 bucks or less........This is the same kit you get from the dealer for 500 dollars. Beyond that, heed Dave's advice above and you're all set.

Just checked the price...275 dollars???? Autozone is cheaper.

Go here: AutoZone.com | Shopping | Parts | Product Detail - Clutch Set-Matched

Or here:
eBay Motors: VIPER DODGE GENUINE 92 - 03 LUK NEW CLUTCH KIT (item 150219848323 end time Mar-06-08 13:59:50 PST)

Just ordered this same kit. Is there anything else I should get prior to pulling it all apart? Release bearing, factory pilot bearing, factory fasteners, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala