Colonial Cruise in Virginia

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On April 12'th, the Va/Md region will be hosting a Colonial cruise in Eastern Virginia. Any and all Vipers are welcome. We will be cruising from Yorktown, through Williamsburg, to Jamestown Virginia. The route follows the National Park Services Colonial Parkway. Following the cruise, we will be eating lunch in Williamsburg, followed by a group cruise to Virginia Beach. All details are posted on the Virgina/Maryland regional Forum.
So far, I have 14 Vipers signed up, with several more pending. Please contact me if you are interested, I am the contact for this cruise. We have at least one attendee from out of state who will be staying at the Virginia Beach oceanfront.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in for the cruise. Please let me know if anyone from the Richmond Area or Maryland Area is coming through and maybe I can hook up with them at my shop and we could cruise from there. Is it all Vipers?

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bernie, so far it's all Vipers. I'm not going to exclude anything you might want to bring along though. There is one couple signed up so far from Maryland. They are on this forum as 2002snake.
Do you plan on meeting the group in Yorktown, or at the mall in Chesapeake? I think the directions were pretty good, but if you need better, let me know.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be a great event!. My sister lives in Va. Beach, and this is one I really want to attend, but unfortunately, it is the same weekend as a major Steeple Chase race here in the horse country of Maryland, and I have guests coming in from out of town for it. Oh well, maybe next year. Good luck Tom, and thanks for your effort in organizing this cruise.

MattInNC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I may be up for it. I'll be at the shipyard at Norfolk from the 7th-11th. However I am not familiar with the area. Please PM me some more information.

Thanks

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, I know what you're talking about. Spring in the South is a crap shoot at best. I've been watching the long range forcast and it's all over the place. I'll start believing it more around wed.

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great. I have 20 Vipers signed up for this event. Everything from a Gen.1 to an '08. For those of you on the fence, most weather services are conforming to a partly sunny, high of 73, isolated shower forecast. In other words, nothing unusual.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forecast is rain coming from my neck of the woods. Enjoy your cruise though and hope it stays dry for you guys near the coast.

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cruise is still on. This morning most weather forecasts are for partly to mostly cloudy, and scattered rain, so we may or may not get wet.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope everyone has a great time. Some of the nicest drives have been after it rains a little bit. So I hope no one lets a little rain discourage them.

I hope to have my new four post lift installed and my garage door raised this weekend, otherwise I would have been there.

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the attendance count so far? I'm considering going even though there is a good chance of storms. I have NEVER used the windshield wipers haha.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chip I am vasalating back and forth whether I am going, call me in the morning and let me know if you are going. I might tag along for awhile if you are coming through Richmond on the way, but if it is raining in the AM don't call the shop it is forwarded 1-800-270-1608 ext.1

Bernie

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What time would you be meeting on at the shop if the weather is nice Bernie? I agree though, if it's already raining or looking very bad, I wont be going either.

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have 18 Vipers that have not dropped out. I'm pretty sure folks are waiting to see the wake up weather. It appears to me the front will be going through southern VA between Midnight and Noon. There doesn't seem to be much precip. behind the front. Of course, it could speed up, slow down, get torn apart by the mountains, Etc. Va is hard to forecast. We'll have to see what the A.M. brings.
A little shower is no big deal, heavy thunderstorms does not make for fun cruising. With our start time being after noon, we might get lucky. Who knows, we may just get to do lunch and the cruise to Virginia Beach.

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears the mountains have broken up the solid line of storms to just scattered showers. Because of this, the cruise will be held as scheduled. If you are planning on attending, I'll see you at one of the two meeting points. If you don't want to chance the rain, I understand.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My forecast her is showing rain moving in, I hope you guys have a great ride. Chip sorry I am going to cancel on you. Enjoy your day and keep'n safe!

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might make it down but don't count on me. Chance of rain is high in the Va Beach area from around noon to 4 but I will think about it

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, it was great to meet you. We had a good turn out, thanks for going. I'll post some pics as I get them. I did get this awesome shot of a Gen 2, 3, and 4 together. I'll post as soon as I can.

2002snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY HOME AND PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN !!!
It was a great time had by all... Rain and all we would not have missed it. the (at times spirited) drive thru the countryside was our favorite. to all who was there .Send me your home address and we will mail out a disc with all the pictures we took.
AL/TRACY