Come on guys!! I need help !!! What wheels and tires???

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got some greenbacks together and I need some new rims and tires. I was going with Hre's but everyone has them. What do you guys think look good on a SRT. ALso what tires should I go with? P-Zero's or pilots. Going to stay with stock setup on sizes. Thanks in advance...

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put H ennessey's new wheels on my silver '03, and it looks awesome! Very nice wheels at a very nice price! There is a thread over at the Alley in Viper discussions about them. I posted a couple of pics over there if you want to check them out.

OP
OP
F

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just put H ennessey's new wheels on my silver '03, and it looks awesome! Very nice wheels at a very nice price! There is a thread over at the Alley in Viper discussions about them. I posted a couple of pics over there if you want to check them out.

Carrot in those pics of your car what sizes did you go with? Also was the painted centers extra? Those are some nice rims!!!!

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iv always been a fan of startechs but i havnt seen them on a Gen III.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Startechs(aka Brabus) monobloc wheel were on a pic of a black srt w/ other mods, rear exhaust and some int work, carbon fibre splitter, huge brakes and a few others. The wheels for a gen I or II were over $10,000 without tires. That and the selection of tires in 19" much less 20" can be counted on your thumb(s). I think they look great but, they weigh a lot and probably negatively effect the handling of the car.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Carrot in those pics of your car what sizes did you go with? Also was the painted centers extra? Those are some nice rims!!!!

Those are 19" all the way around, but I have 20" rears on the way as soon as they get made. I got a special deal since I did the prototypes, but I think the black centers are the same. Don't quote me on that. They DO look awesome though! Once I get my real center caps, I'll take a bunch of over due pics of my car.

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Startechs(aka Brabus) monobloc wheel were on a pic of a black srt w/ other mods, rear exhaust and some int work, carbon fibre splitter, huge brakes and a few others. The wheels for a gen I or II were over $10,000 without tires. That and the selection of tires in 19" much less 20" can be counted on your thumb(s). I think they look great but, they weigh a lot and probably negatively effect the handling of the car.
Very true, i only said they looked good ;) Purners always look good, or what about the new copperhead style wheels?

Tipsy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Startecs, I don't know exactly what they weigh but when I had the OE's on the floor with OE tires and The new ones next to them with P-Zeros it was plainly obvious the difference in weight was the reverse! Startechs were very noticeably lighter. I did not check into weight when buying them and as a result was very happy when I noticed the weight savings.... don't know where the misinformation began.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should try a set of SSR Comps. I really think you would like them, and as far as weight savings, nothing comes close. They will grow on you.

Skip White

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbie, I agree with "Tipsy" when it comes to comparing the weight of the Startech with the weight of the stock wheel. They do make the Startech Monoblock 5 wheel for the Gen 3. These wheels are awesome! Yes they do cost alot but you will not see many sets of them on cars..Good Luck!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The set I am selling in the classifieds has 315-18" Pilots Sport on the front and 345-19" Pilots on the rear. Forgelines SX3-R
188284wheel_001-large-med.jpg

wheel ad

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Enthusiast,

How are you going to use this car?

As Skip says, the SSR comps are very hard to beat from a performance standpoint. Very light and strong.

If you just want "bling", there are probably a few "prettier" choices.

As for tires, the Pirellis are lighter than the Pilot sports and seem to offer better dry traction.

Good luck,

Dan

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't understand how you guys are putting SSR's on your cars! They are super plain, and you go from 19" to 18" in the rear. I'm out on that!

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say the SSR comp is a great looking wheel. Yes it's sort of plain, but very fine looking if I must say. They take a poor picture. When you see them in person, they are nothing like they are in a picture. I'm not saying this becuase I have them. I will put a set on my next car. I sold my oem wheel last week if that tells you anything.

Performance is unbeatable.

Skip White

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ditto on the performance. Skip, check your e-mail.

Dan

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must say the SSR comp is a great looking wheel. Yes it's sort of plain, but very fine looking if I must say. They take a poor picture. When you see them in person, they are nothing like they are in a picture. I'm not saying this becuase I have them. I will put a set on my next car. I sold my oem wheel last week if that tells you anything.

Performance is unbeatable.

Skip White

I think they look ok. But hey they saved me about 30lbs off each corner. (tire and wheel) as everyone knows non run craps wheigh less. Knowing that make them look alot better to me.

6400IMGP0351-med.JPG

these are going to be my "Street rims and tires" I am getting a cust set made for show purposes.

vd..

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just can't understand how you guys are putting SSR's on your cars! They are super plain, and you go from 19" to 18" in the rear. I'm out on that!

carrot

b/f the switch to bfgs I had no traction til mid 3rd gear now its soooooo much better. for me I had no other choice.

vd..

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

carrot

b/f the switch to bfgs I had no traction til mid 3rd gear now its soooooo much better. for me I had no other choice.

vd..

I hear you! I went to the 355 Pirellis on my new wheels, and they hook really well! MUCH better than the run craps!

OP
OP
F

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry Carrot!!!! I am going to copy you. But stay with 18f and 19r. I just think the black looks great on silver!!! :2tu:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Carrot!!!! I am going to copy you. But stay with 18f and 19r. I just think the black looks great on silver!!! :2tu:

Can't say that I blame ya! I've never been happier with a wheel combo! Give H ennessey a call, and tell him I sent you. Definitely awesome wheels! :2tu:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

carrot

vd..

What kind of wheels are you getting made??

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

carrot

vd..

they are made by lexani

vd..

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

carrot

vd..

they are made by lexani

vd..

I looked at those too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang