Coming to NY for a week.....

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all..
Me and the worst half are coming to NY for Chucks BBQ and staying on for a week. Can anybody recomend some where reasonable to stay? Will be doing the statue of Liberty and other bits and pieces...
All the best
Baz
PS i know its early but would like to get somewhere sorted allready got the flights..

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're coming to NY, you'll want to stay in NYC! Give me an idea what you think you'd enjoy doing (you mentioned the Statue of Liberty, but do you like shopping, museums, theatre,etc. cause your location may help facilitate some off these pleasures) and I can give you some suggestions. Also, give me an idea of your budget.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suggest you stay in NYC if you are doing the regular tourist bit. Don't bother renting a car, it's more of a headache in the city. Someone will gladly give you a ride to Chucks. Use the MTA (subway) or taxis to get around. Choose any brand name hotel preferably between 40th-80th st and 6th-8th ave. It's closer to broadway and the restaurant scene on the upper west side. My $0.02.

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usual tourist stuff But will have to do the statue and visit :usa: ground zero :usa: ..
Better take Sam shopping as well i suppose (Womans thing)..
A lift up to chucks would be fantastic :cool: :cool: ....
Baz

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the kimberly hotel in midtown is great and very clean. its by lex and in the lower 50's. should run you about $200 a night though and few blocks away from times square.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Marriot Marquis (if you want to be directly in the "heartbeat"

There's also a nice hotel uptown called The Hudson. Cool, metropolitan style. Very cool.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer hotels in Manhattan that control the front door - ie, they don't just let anyone (criminal element) wander in. The Marriot Marquis and the Hilton on Avenue of the Americas have all sorts of people wandering through them. C

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The MichaelAngelo is noice too. It's in the theater district by David Letterman's show.

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys..
Been speaking to the other half,And she would prefer to stay in a nice friendly B+B as we will probably be out most of the time so will only be there at night time....
Baz+Sam

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
US dont have B&B's Baz. Just look for one of the cheaper hotel chains instead

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We stayed at the Marriott Marquis last year. We had a room with a GREAT view to the Times Square. However, the elevators svck - you have to wait forever ...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
US dont have B&B's Baz. Just look for one of the cheaper hotel chains instead
Yes we have B&Bs. But in the NYC area, you could be in for bad surprises. Hence my recommendation of a brand name hotel.

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you prefer a "reasonable" B&B out in the country over an "expensive" city hotel, check out the choices here in CT. From where I live in CT, I'm 40 minutes by car from Tators and a one hour express train ride to Grand Central Station.

You can easily tour the city by day and return to your B&B at night. You can park your rental car at any number of train stations that offer inexpensive R/T express service to the city.

I'm not much of a city person myself. You might enjoy "New England" as an option.

My $.02

See you at Tators!

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about St james in times square....
Reasonable prices and looks local to most things,,Apart from Chuck Tators....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper