comments re my posts in the Haiti thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want your feedback :eater:

Let me start by saying this is the first forum I have participated in. I trolled around for months before posting. My 1st post was bathed in anxiety. The whole issue of forum etiquette and effective communication (forum “conversing”) was new. I like the VCA rules, keeps the forum decent.

I have re-read the posts in order in the Haiti thread.

This is not a shot at PatentLaw,

but I still don’t get his reaction to my posts, (other than the one i threw out expecting (inviting) banter).:dunno:

I know what I was trying to say, did I miss communicate (need more clarification)? Was it too close to being a hi-jackish comment? Do I owe anyone an apology? :eater:

I know early on I did this to kcobean, where I blended responses and he thought I was referencing his post. I apologized and trust he doesn’t hold it against me.

In the grand scheme of things, I know this will pass if it hasn’t already, but I irritate enough people on purpose :nono:, I hate to be responsible for such by accident. :) I also want to communicate effectively here.

If you have an opinion, either way, I invite them....

tia VCA amigos

:drive:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am always up for a discussion on this forum.

I have noted more than once that ideas between people are very different (east coast to those of Texas).

What grinds my gears is when someone says a member has to do something one way or they are immoral. Or that a member may have never helped out a charity or that they contribute less than someone else. Or when someone says a person is intentionally misrepresenting a passage or fact. Or that other individuals in this very club who have had a hardship placed upon them from an event like a hurricane are just "lazy" or not as active in rebuilding than people in the Lone Star state because of some circumstance beyond their control such as a lawsuit started by an insurance company to try to get out of paying on a claim.

Frankly, I feel that is low and not in keeping with club standards. It might be an opinion, but I think that it is insensitive. If I were a member from Alabama, Mississippi or the N.O. area and I heard from others that people in my neck of the woods were lazy after all they went through, I would be voicing my displeasure. Saying that certain club members suffering and even death of loved ones is any less of a moral imperative than what goes on in another country is just low. We are talking about lives here, not abstract crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.