COMP COUPE CAM

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry man...got nothing for you on the cam...have any more pics of your car? That thing is looking good!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, have a Comp Coupe cam in our car along with a Paxton and other stuff. One of my favorite things about it is the idle: Car has that "shake" of a more pronounced cam and it sounds incredible! Very happy with the upgrade. :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, have a Comp Coupe cam in our car along with a Paxton and other stuff. One of my favorite things about it is the idle: Car has that "shake" of a more pronounced cam and it sounds incredible! Very happy with the upgrade. :2tu:

Doesn't it upset the Starbucks in your cupholder?

:D

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You getting additional power from the cam? I would suspect that if it was that a great upgrade, more people would have it.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't it upset the Starbucks in your cupholder?
I don't drink coffee and can't afford Starbucks. But that diet Mountain Dew sure gets shaken up! :omg: Of course no drinks in the car when the boost kicks in.

As far as power, I had too many other mods done at the time to say how much it affected it. I do know that most say the 96-99's responded MUCH better to headers with the stock .708 cam vs. the 00+ cam. +/- 50 fwhp vs. +/- 20 with the newer cam style. As headers were also part of our upgrade I will assume that the combination probably bumped it around 50 HP. Of course I also did roller rockers, etc...