Comp Coupe reduced $128,500

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
see classifieds.Collectors,museums and RACERS
welcome!!!

Collectors,museums -----Shame on you--Sell it to a racer, That car needs to be on the track--not polished and locked away in a Viper Pit, or spending it's life at Car Shows. How much Zaino can 1 put on a car. Do not sell this car to a poser!

Joe B

(H*ll, I'll drive mind in primer,I just want to drive it--- no Zaino)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny,

once the options are added, transportation ect. the car costs more than the 100k advertised price. being a viperdays veteran you should know this.

OP
OP
B

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously it IS reduced from current or even second series costs.
MY Original asking PRICE IS REDUCED not my cost. I've had 20,000 out for 18 months ,another 94ooo out for 1 month.
It is a win/win situation if someone is deciding Now to get one.
Good for me about 11000.. good for new buyer (saves about 13000 from current order price.)

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sonny, where is it stated that he cannot make a profit? He owns it so he sets the price. If it is too high...

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the mythical $100,000 Competition Coupe is just that..a myth. The first series of buyers were faced with the following costs:

Base price $100,000
VRL flywheel 600
Air jacks 3,600
Transport from factory 1,000
Factory paint with stripes 7,200
Track ready preparation 5,000
Interest on deposit-1 yr @ 3% 600
Total-series 1 $118,000
Series 3 price adj. 29,000
Current cost $147,000

The spare parts kit is an additional $21,000. I can tell you that my paint and track preparation costs were significantly higher than what I listed above.

I don't know where you draw the line, but I can tell you that there is no such thing as a $100,000 Comp Coupe ready to put on a track.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Comp Coupe

Track Ready Preparation: = completely going over the car, re-torquing everything that the factory missed, doing a complete suspension adjustment, ect....some choose to farm this out, others do it themselves.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Comp Coupe

Hemidaytna is correct. A few of the more time-consuming items are:

Check torque on everything. Check all plumbing lines for leaks and potential chafing. You will find the proper torque specifications in the service manual. You'll need both the CC and the SRT-10 manuals to do a complete job. This is very time consuming but necessary.

Adjust your ride height, alignment, corner weighting, etc.

Program your Motec dash logger.

Adjust your seating position. Unless you are very tall, you'll need to move the seat forward and reattach/shim the bracketry from the seat back to the firewall. I had to have new brackets fabricated because I had to move my seat so far forward. I also had to shorten and restitch the right hand window net.

Install your race radio and antenna.

It took me well over 80 man hours plus materials and travel time running around for the right hardware, etc.. It would take no more than 50 or 60 hours for me to do this the second time.