Competition Coupe questions ?

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to witness a comp. coupe in action at the race track and let me tell you guys , our cars are trivial in comparison to the performance and and sheer looks of the coupe. They just wiz around the track and make the corners look too easy............

I'm just wondering whats with the air intake ? Why is the airflow fed from the bottom end of the vehicle?

Why the shorter exhaust? I would imagine the sills keep burning ?

And whats with the grills behind inside the wheel well? Is it to get air flow to the exhaust? Why aren;t these on the stock cars?

Just absolutely LOVE the car!! Too bad its not street legal.........

Patrick

9357Tommy_Archers_Car_3-med.jpg

9357Tommy_Archers_Car_2-med.jpg

9357Tommy_Archers_Car_1-med.jpg

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shorter exhaust reduces weight by about 30lbs vs. going all the way out the back. It also keeps everything cooler since you don't have another 15 ft of hot pipe running under the car and near the diff.

I suspect the grills are for aerodynamics. Engineering airflow under the car is as important as airflow over the car.

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only heat, but the shorter the exhaut is the less restriction there is which helps increse air flow and horse power. Look at any drag car, 9 times out of 10 the exhaust is coming out before the front tires so that the exhaust is as freeflowing as possible.

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grills on the blue car look like the same ones I bought from DC Performance and installed on my SRT. The provide airflow to the rocker panels to reduce heat. Bill

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only heat, but the shorter the exhaut is the less restriction there is which helps increse air flow and horse power. Look at any drag car, 9 times out of 10 the exhaust is coming out before the front tires so that the exhaust is as freeflowing as possible.

Nor really a good example since a drag car and a road car are two completely different applications. A drag car's valves only need to last for 5 seconds. A road car needs endurance and fuel mileage. They could design the exhaust to go out the back without any hp loss, but why bother.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is also 3 db quieter than the stock Comp Coupe exhaust...a big deal at some tracks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960