CONGRATS ALL JAY HERBERT WILL NO LONGER LET ANYONE POST SRT PRICE

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have been informed by JAY HERBERT that to post a price you see advertized you
must PLACE IT IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION. my post i placed yesterday was deleted
by jay because the cars were owned by a dealer and not me. a friend of mine who
owns a dodge dealership called me to let me know he wanted to move 4 vipers so
i made a post for anyone that was looking for a certain viper that it was available.
i did not realize this was against the rules of the form here. jay did say i
could pay $45 and place a ad in the classified section but i dont own the cars
so i REALLY DONT THINK THAT WAS VERY GOOD ADVISE, i think its against the law to
sell something you dont own. when i saw the post - ANYONE LOOKING FOR A CHEAP
SRT/10 - i figured it was a good idea to let you guys know who are looking to
buy a mamba or coupe i could help save you lots of money on the purchase, but
JAY HERBERT SAYS NO YOU CANNOT DO THAT BECAUSE A DEALER OWNS THEM. i even stated
in my post i would be making $0, i own a building and developement company, i
do not sell cars. POST WAS INTENDED PURELY FOR SOMEONE HERE WHO MIGHT BE BUYING
A NEW VIPER TO GET A GREAT DEAL.

TO DELETE MY POST AND LEAVE OTHER POST SHOWING GOOD DEALS IS WRONG, PERIOD.

JAY HERBERT IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT SO BE IT BUT I FEEL YOUR WRONG TO WITHHOLD
GOOD AND VALUEABLE INFORMATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE BUYING AND LOOKING FOR INFO
HERE.

tom

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the other dealers have to pay to post vehicles for sale...good deal or not. Why should your dealer/friend be exempt from this policy just because you post them and he didn't ?

Not saying the "ANYONE LOOKING FOR A CHEAP SRT/10" should be allowed but there are a few differences:
1. It was one car, not four.
2. It's an Ebay car that was/is up for auction.
3. That thread has turned into a cussing match ;)

IMO, you might could have posted differently (a little sneaky) and it might not have been noticed. I didn't see the thread so that's pure speculation. I can see your point about trying to pass along good deals, but when looked at by paying dealers/banner advertisers I could see their point too.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the other dealers have to pay to post vehicles for sale...good deal or not. Why should your dealer/friend be exempt from this policy just because you post them and he didn't ?

Not saying the "ANYONE LOOKING FOR A CHEAP SRT/10" should be allowed but there are a few differences:
1. It was one car, not four.
2. It's an Ebay car that was/is up for auction.
3. That thread has turned into a cussing match ;)

IMO, you might could have posted differently (a little sneaky) and it might not have been noticed. I didn't see the thread so that's pure speculation. I can see your point about trying to pass along good deals, but when looked at by paying dealers/banner advertisers I could see their point too.

OK THEN I ASK THIS.

GO TO GEN I/II FORM AND READ THE TREAD - 97GTS,60 MILES,RED, $59K - READ THE
POST AND YOU WILL SEE MULTIPLE CARS LISTED FOR SALE BY A DEALER. I ALSO READ
THAT POST PRYOR TO POSTING MINE. ALSO IF YOU POST A GREAT DEAL YOU SEE ON EBAY
I WOULD THINK THAT YOU ARE THEN ADVERTIZING FOR THE EBAY SELLER, IT IS NO DIFFERENT.
THAT SELLER COULD ALSO BE A DEALER BUT HEY NO PROBLEM JAY HERBERT WILL DECIDE
FOR US :2tu: RIGHT JAY

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK THEN I ASK THIS.

GO TO GEN I/II FORM AND READ THE TREAD - 97GTS,60 MILES,RED, $59K - READ THE
POST AND YOU WILL SEE MULTIPLE CARS LISTED FOR SALE BY A DEALER.

That looks exactly like I figure your post looked like. I guess we will see if everyone is treated equal :cool:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wanted!!!! i emailed you about these rides...i got some email back asking if i was a dealer....I was purely looking at prices.....

StratusR/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with the policy. I think this a great venue for information, if someone knows of a great deal that is out there, I think he should be able to share it in the hopes of someone on the board that has been looking might buy it become an owner!

Why can't there be a viper for sale section (similiar to the corvetteforum sections)? One for dealer inventory and one for used/great deals people might have walked on?

I didn't know that it cost $$ to post a for sale ad on here ( and the section in my opinion is very hard to navigate where as a forum is much eaiser). Instead of charging individuals, why not (if it is not already done) have dealers that post pay money to become supporting dealers.

Some policys are alright to be revisited. This is not the Constitution of the United States, even that has Admendments.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a fine line, or gray area, or whatever you wanna call it.

The number one priority of the site is (or should be) for information to Viper enthusiasts. On the other hand, if I were a banner-paying dealer I wouldn't be happy about somebody propping their friend's dealership for free.

Gotta judge on a case-by-case basis. Some folks aren't gonna like the outcome.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a fine line, or gray area, or whatever you wanna call it.

The number one priority of the site is (or should be) for information to Viper enthusiasts. On the other hand, if I were a banner-paying dealer I wouldn't be happy about somebody propping their friend's dealership for free.

Gotta judge on a case-by-case basis. Some folks aren't gonna like the outcome.

I PURCHASED ONE OF MY 4 VIPERS FROM A BANNER DEALER (NOT MY FRIEND) AT THE TIME
HE DID NOT HAVE WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. I IN NO WAY WAS TRYING TO SELL A CAR FOR MY
FRIEND, JUST LETTING THOSE OF YOU ON THIS SITE OF A GOOD DEAL TO BE HAD IF YOU
WERE LOOKING FOR THE CERTAIN CARS HE HAS AVAILABLE. SORRY THIS HAS COME TO OFFEND
SO MANY ( JAY HERBERT YOU HAVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT :2tu: )

I FOR ONE NOW FROM THE POLICY THIS SITE HAS WILL NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER PURCHASE
FROM A BANNER DEALER AGAIN. I HAVE PURCHASED 4 VIPERS IN 2 YEARS AND PLAN ON
BUYING AGAIN SO JAY HERBERT GO PURCHASE THE VIPERS THAT I NO LONGER WILL BUY
FROM THE BANNER DEALER'S AS I'M SURE YOU HAVE PURCHASED ONE FROM THEM PRYOR.

I WOULD NOT BE SO UPSET IF THIS POLICY APPLIED TO ALL WHICH I HAVE PROVEN DOES
NOT.

JAY HERBERT FROM MY STANDPOINT YOUR WRONG! TREAT ALL POST THE SAME. YOU HAVE NOT
DONE THAT WITH THIS POLICY.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wanted!!!! i emailed you about these rides...i got some email back asking if i was a dealer....I was purely looking at prices.....

SORRY FRANK BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD ITS AGAINST THE POLICY OF THIS SITE TO DO THIS.
CALL OR GET IN TOUCH WITH JAY HERBERT AND HE CAN SET YOU UP WITH A BANNER DEALER
FOR SOME PRICING. :2tu:

TOM

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fuggin eyes hurt from all this.

Let's complain about the IRS. It'll do as much good.

WITH THE IRS THE RULES ARE THE SAME FOR ALL. :smirk:

StratusR/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really enjoy the "OTHER" sites more then this one just becuase this one is much more restrictive. Doesn't show well of the community in my opinion.....

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with "WANTED" thanks for sharing Viper related info. This is benificial to existing or potential new owners..

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This reads like an attempt by the VCA to drive further revenue from its classified section. If this site does not support itself then VCA dues should be increased.

This forum and the information posted here is a benefit of membership. I am preparing to purchase my third Viper in 4 years and while I would never try to penalize one of the VCA supporting vendors, it causes me concern to know that the VCA would muffle its members on any topic.

Bad rule.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I IN NO WAY WAS TRYING TO SELL A CAR FOR MY FRIEND,

But wasn't your friend a dealer? And didn't you provide contact info? I'm not sure so I'm just askin'. If so, you can see why a site supporter might not want that practice to become commonplace can't you?

Regardless, it sounds like this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This reads like an attempt by the VCA to drive further revenue from its classified section. If this site does not support itself then VCA dues should be increased.

Don't think that's not coming soon...

...it causes me concern to know that the VCA would muffle its members on any topic.

Bad rule.

It happens all the time on this forum, hence the existence of [******]. Mr Herbert made a big stink about our VCA region promoting our SEMA Barbeque event at Sheri's Ranch because somehow it offended his morality even though we are not promoting prostitution (which, by the way, is legal there), *********** or anything illegal.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are ton's of "good deals" all over the country, do we really want to see post after post about "my buddies" dealership with the hot new XXXXXXX he just got in?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Herbert made a big stink about our VCA region promoting our SEMA Barbeque event at Sheri's Ranch because somehow it offended his morality even though we are not promoting prostitution (which, by the way, is legal there), *********** or anything illegal.

Good for Herbert. We don't need you stinkin' heathens decimating the morality of this website.

BTW when's the next BBQ?

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rules are the same for all here too.

But having rules doesn't mean anything in & of itself; rules can be selectively & subjectively enforced anywhere and by any enforcement body, including the IRS.

I know I have my interpretations. The IRS may disagree.

As may Jay.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quoteGood for Herbert. We don't need you stinkin' heathens decimating the morality of this website.

BTW when's the next BBQ?

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Come on out to SEMA and join us at Sheri's Oct 29. We haven't scheduled next years' yet, but it'll hopefully be the Sunday before SEMA. We figure better to have debachary with working girls on a Sunday, right?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol... I'd be willing to put myself on the card too, just to make sure its a done deal. ;-)

The thing is, Jay is a good guy, and its never easy being the "enforcer" I get what the intent of the rules are, but sometimes Jay follows them to the letter, when there should be some interpretation. I was actually sensored for the first time here with this email tonight:

Our current policy allows site sponsors to promote their businesses in
their signatures. We are working with Hendrick Dodge and expect them to
become a sponsor soon. This has been tentatively removed from your
signature while the site committee discusses the policy. Thanks for
understanding.

BUY YOUR NEXT DODGE FROM HENDRICK DODGE, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID !!"

and I just thought it was too much. I have been a PAYING member for years. I participate in every Raffle Car. I support my local chapter (as much as they probably wish I wouldnt), and I buy vipers. I just dont get what evil I was trying to do with that ?? Hendrick Dodge is also the primary sponsor for Viper Days, I mean how bad and evil am I being, by recommending you buy a car from them?

My rant is done, notice I made no attempt to update my signature otherwise, but man, I gotta say, little dissapointed in Jay on that one. But my perspective may be off.

Jon

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you kidding, they love him here, read some of the
replies on other treads. ( check the one just posted http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=602887&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1 )

i cant believe guys would support his logic. my post was no different!

enough, i will move on but i feel sorry for the ones who tolerate this, it would
be like having zero self respect. oh well for the ones who have supported me on
this, thank you. :2tu:

tom, caps free :D

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are just figuring out that Flanders is an idiot?

The way I see it this site is by and for viper OWNERS and potnetial viper OWNERS. Anything that could be of assistance or value to them---including good deals on new cars---should be posted. If a sponsoring dealer wants to match the price, then he can post on the thread and say that he will match it and point out he is also a site supporter. Nine times out of ten, all other things being equal, I think the good people of this site will do business with the dealer that supports us.

Remember, just because they sponsor us, doesn't mean they own us. They get plenty of exposure for their sponsor dollar with the banner at the top of the site.

[flanders voice]And remember, no did-did-didlio-ing any of those women of loose virtue at the bar-b-que now, fellow Viper cluberoonies.[/flanders voice]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96