CONGRATS SRT - DRIVER and MFG CHAMPIONS

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a year for SRT/Dodge on the racing scene. Yesterday they captured both the Drivers and Manufacturers championship with a Gen 5 Viper. What a fairytale year and a fitting end to the year in which they donned the famed Oreca livery.

It's official and you can read about on IMSA.com.

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a great race for sure and NOW lets just hope Beth decides to keep the team going for 2015 starting with Daytona !!!!!!!

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
then why does it say that Porsche won the Manufacturers championship

Porsche GT3 - USA
Tweets from a list by IMSA
Drivers and teams in the GT3 Cup Challenge USA by Yokohoma.
Twitter
13h
Porsche NA Racing @PorscheNAracing
Checkered flag! No. 912 finishes second at Petit Le Mans! Porsche wins the Manufacturer Championship! http://ow.ly/i/773rD
Retweeted by Brett Sandberg

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMSA's own site says SRT won both MFG and Drivers championship for the TUDOR Sportscar Championship. Also it looks like Farnbacher came in 3rd overall on the championship. Here is the link.

http://www.imsa.com/articles/team-f...ats-petit-le-mans?invalidate-cache=1401455047

According to the article:

"Meanwhile, SRT Motorsports won both team and driver championships in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class as Jonathan Bomarito, Rob Bell and Dominik Farnbacher nursed the No. 93 Dodge Viper SRT GTS-R to the inaugural TUDOR Championship team title. Kuno Wittmer drove the No. 91 Dodge Viper SRT GTS-R to the driver championship after sharing the No. 93 entry most of the season with Bomarito."

As for the Porsches according to the article:

" The No. 912 Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR driven by Christensen, Patrick Long and Earl Bamber finished second to win the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup team championship, while Christensen and Long won the Patrón Endurance Cup driver championship"

For those stll not sure go here and look at the drivers points standings and then click the "Team" and "MFG" standings to see the team/mfg point standings:

http://www.imsa.com/series/united-sportscar/standings?invalidate-cache=1406222328

Last edited:

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i have to admit i'm a little lost.. so Porsches didn't win the overall season Manufacturers championship. SRT did? but did srt win the overall championship ..

Kuno Wittmer captured the IMSA TUDOR Championship GTLM driver championship with a third-place finish at Petit with co-drivers Marc Goossens and Ryan Hunter-Reay in the No. 91 Dodge Viper GTS-R. The team's sister No. 93 Dodge Viper GTS-R in turn captured team honors after being driven this year by Wittmer, as well as Jonathan Bomarito, Dominik Farnbacher and Rob Bell, the trio that sealed the title with a sixth-place finish Saturday.

??? what is going on. sorry i'm so lost

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes its a bit strange. It seems like two championships being fought. Tudor championship and North American Endurance Cup championship. I wish I was savvy on this but I just realized it was two championships as well lol not just the Tudor championship.

Go to this link and click all the sub-links and you will see the points standing for both Tudor and NAEC championships. To add to your confusion this link says Corvette won the NAEC drivers and team championship while Porsche won the manufacturers....

http://www.imsa.com/series/united-sportscar/standings/naec-manufacturers?invalidate-cache=1406222328

Soul4Survivor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Friend on another forum explained to me.

SRT won the GTLM Manufacturer championship.
The 93 SRT won the Team Championship.
Kuno Wittmer won GTLM Driver championship.

912 GTLM Porsche won the NAEC Team and Manufacturer Championships, plus driver championships as well.
The 17 Porsche won the GTLM race.

So SRT won GTLM, and Porsche won NAEC, in respect to the articles.

So in which case Yes Viper is back on top like it was in 2000 ^-^

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats SRT - more great publicity... What an awesome car/team/company to be a part of.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Friend on another forum explained to me.

SRT won the GTLM Manufacturer championship.
The 93 SRT won the Team Championship.
Kuno Wittmer won GTLM Driver championship.

912 GTLM Porsche won the NAEC Team and Manufacturer Championships, plus driver championships as well.
The 17 Porsche won the GTLM race.

So SRT won GTLM, and Porsche won NAEC, in respect to the articles.

So in which case Yes Viper is back on top like it was in 2000 ^-^

Yes he is right...Just realized that the 4 long enduro like Sebring etc are the NAEC championship. So the Porsches did the best in those 4 long enduro that are withing the Tudor Championship series. Always watched them but never realized they were two championships in one.

And yep Vipers back ontop like 99-01 Oreca icons. Its just so fitting. The original Oreca snakes were the famed gen II GTS racers and now with the Gen V GTS which is a homage to the classic Gen II GTS, brings home the trophy in none other than the original Oreca livery. Just such a great year and story for SRT/Dodge and Viper heads all around. I just have to download this race and I will have most of the races this year the snakes entered. I hope they have a commemorative edition for the street cars to celebrate this years win. An ACR with this livery would be great.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only frustrating part was the idiot Fox Network switching to some UFC fight show with about 30 minutes left in the race ( and then the channel they switched over to virtually no one has ). IMSA, the United Sports Car Challenge Series and even Nascar ( due to their affiliation ) need to jump all over Fox for this screw up , as this was the season finale , and the stupid UFC show could have been delayed or moved. Had to watch the last bit on IMSA's computer feed.

Kudos to SRT for having Bomarito and Wittmer each drive in a seperate car for the finale, to hopefully ensure one of the two would win the Driver's Championship. Playing the odds and Kuno takes the win, though he , the team , and the Dodge SRT faithful know Bomarito had as much to do with the placing. Fantastic result for the Snake and nice to be back on top ......................and ahead of the Vettes!!!

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only frustrating part was the idiot Fox Network switching to some UFC fight show with about 30 minutes left in the race ( and then the channel they switched over to virtually no one has ). IMSA, the United Sports Car Challenge Series and even Nascar ( due to their affiliation ) need to jump all over Fox for this screw up , as this was the season finale , and the stupid UFC show could have been delayed or moved. Had to watch the last bit on IMSA's computer feed.

Kudos to SRT for having Bomarito and Wittmer each drive in a seperate car for the finale, to hopefully ensure one of the two would win the Driver's Championship. Playing the odds and Kuno takes the win, though he , the team , and the Dodge SRT faithful know Bomarito had as much to do with the placing. Fantastic result for the Snake and nice to be back on top ......................and ahead of the Vettes!!!

Same here...The IMSA feed saved me from an aneurism lol. Just wish they didnt have the overheating gearbox problem or they may have been in contension for the win but this result is more than good enough....and yes ahead of the Vettes is always good.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Number #93 won the Team Championship and Kuno won the Driver Championship. Sad to say Porsche won the Manufacturer's Championship and it would have been interesting to see if the Porsche that caused an accident at Sebring and was never penalized ( and won the race barely ahead of the Vipers) where the Manufacturer's Championship may have ended up? There was alot of flak as the Race Officials penalized the wrong Porsche, and did nothing about the wasted time it cost the innocent offender, and then did nothing to penalize the actual cause of the infraction - car won and got away with wrecking another car.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge just announced that they are no longer going to be involved in racing-- Win on sunday and give up on Monday- ***?-

• Announcement to withdraw from racing program with the conclusion of the 2014 IMSA TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season

Chrysler Group LLC announced today that it is discontinuing the factory-backed SRT® (Street and Racing Technology) Motorsports racing program in IMSA (International Motor Sports Association) with the conclusion of the 2014 season. This decision affects participation in the IMSA TUDOR United SportsCar Championship with the Dodge Viper SRT GTS-R GTLM-class team. The Dodge brand will redirect its focus and efforts on the brand's product lineup.

"Our company has made a business decision to discontinue the SRT Motorsports Dodge Viper GTS-R racing program," said Ralph Gilles, Senior Vice President of Product Design, Chrysler Group LLC. "We are very proud of the amazing achievements our fantastic teams, drivers and partners have achieved on track the last few seasons. We thank them for their hard work, effort and commitment to SRT Motorsports. It's been an honor to be a part of the inaugural IMSA TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season and we wish them every success in the future."

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge / Chrysler needs to pick a direction and stick with it. Consistency is important. Nascar? Quit. TUDOR? Quit. come back and leave again. Fans and enthusiasts have loyalty, every time you leave, you need to start all over again to regain those that have fallen to other interests.

Do one thing and be good at it. That will sell cars. We have found what we are good at, now stick with it.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Face palm and shakes my head. The one positive I saw in what Lorenzo posted is this: "The Dodge brand will redirect its focus and efforts on the brand's product lineup." Hopefully that product lineup will continue to include the Snake.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only frustrating part was the idiot Fox Network switching to some UFC fight show with about 30 minutes left in the race ( and then the channel they switched over to virtually no one has ). IMSA, the United Sports Car Challenge Series and even Nascar ( due to their affiliation ) need to jump all over Fox for this screw up , as this was the season finale , and the stupid UFC show could have been delayed or moved.

Strange, they showed the additional half hour past the scheduled time on my Fox channel.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just when it makes me proud to be a Viper owner again, they accomplish so much and quit. What a joke...

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill, we thought the same thing about the weak coverage from Fox and they got hammered for it on Twitter. Really poor coverage for a big race.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang