Congrats to Robert S. (aka Wastin Jon's Time)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the illustrious graduate from Viper Days Rookie Class.

Not Only was Robert able to win this wonderful certificate, he was also able to take SECOND PLACE behind me in over-all best time.

Robert-grad.JPG

So as far as the competition goes, Jon Won Road Racing, Robert Won Auto-X and so that Leaves drag racing. R U ready Mr Stud (clearly visable by this photo).

You're Daddy,

Jon

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was waiting for this post. :eater: I'll have to say the picture was a surprise. I'd like to know where you got that from? As far the road course goes. I think we both were shocked how close I got to your time, considering the 200hp difference between our cars and the more than minor other differences between our generations, I am willing to call this event a victory. :stick:

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was waiting for this post. :eater: I'll have to say the picture was a surprise. I'd like to know where you got that from? As far the road course goes. I think we both were shocked how close I got to your time, considering the 200hp difference between our cars and the more than minor other differences between our generations, I am willing to call this event a victory. :stick:

Well the photo my slow friend is what prompted me to post this. I haven’t been lurking for the opportunity.. actually felt it was taking candy from a baby, so I decided I wasnt going to bother, BUT when that photo found its way on to the net, I had to let folks know.

Yeah, funny you didn’t mention your race tires vs my street tires, or that my Super charged 200 hp difference dissipated quite rapidly on the 115 Degree track temps (I believe thats what was reported to us both mornings by the officials). :omg:

Nor did you mention that while I was consistent as hell, you were all over the board. So while you got "close" 1 time, you kept falling back .. lap after lap, because of your inconsistency, while I continued to pull very close times every lap. So great, you came close in 1 lap..and then blew the rest, add them all up to truly see how bad I was beating you over a 5 to 6 lap period. You did 1:25 one time, and then numerous 1:28's, 1:30's and 1:32's (and some 1:34s), that sure doesn’t make a winner. :drive:

Better luck next time Mr. "Victory" :smirk:

PS. A few more differences included that it was NOT your first time on that track (was certainly my 1st time). I hadn't road coursed that Viper ever or any car in almost 3 years, and you had just weeks prior, and numerous times with your very car. :dunno:

PSS. Bow down, you have been bested !! :rolaugh:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol.. I'm not sure what that means.. but before someone gets the wrong idea, Roberto I am ashamed to say (for his sake) is a friend of mine... we are having friendly banter about how bad I totally and completely whooped his *** !!:omg:

Ahhhh, that is GOOD news!!!! I was afraid it was one of those 'competitive' posts back and forth and would never end!!!! GLAD you guys are friends, now I'm LIKING what I am reading!!! THX for clearing that up!!! :2tu: ~juli

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol.. I'm not sure what that means.. but before someone gets the wrong idea, Roberto I am ashamed to say (for his sake) is a friend of mine... we are having friendly banter about how bad I totally and completely whooped his *** !!:omg:

With your hp over his tires it sounds like it my be the last time you do.:D

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was afraid it was one of those 'competitive' posts back and forth and would never end!!!! ~juli

Oh.. no .. please let me clear this up.. it TOTALLY is that kind of thread !! hahahahaha..

And Andrew, I have no idea what your talking about. I will however (and have) evened the playing field by getting myself and robert onto a sweet deal for hoosiers. However, he claims mine got damaged in a fire (likely BS story) as they were all deliverd to his office.

And I was honestly down on power, so that played little into the equation, I just out drove him with my heat soaked motor and my street tires. But at least he tried. :D :eater:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh.. no .. please let me clear this up.. it TOTALLY is that kind of thread !! hahahahaha..

And Andrew, I have no idea what your talking about. I will however (and have) evened the playing field by getting myself and robert onto a sweet deal for hoosiers. However, he claims mine got damaged in a fire (likely BS story) as they were all deliverd to his office.

And I was honestly down on power, so that played little into the equation, I just out drove him with my heat soaked motor and my street tires. But at least he tried. :D :eater:

I was under the impression you had a lot more seat time than him. In which case he did very well.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just re-read the post. I guess it was the other way around?

My bad:(

Andrew what my "friend" forgot to mention is that he has been driving vipers since 2002. In fact, he has logged probably close to 80,000 miles in the various vipers he has owned. Furthermore, he has attended at least 5 Viper days.

In contrast, this was my first viper days in my first viper, that I have owned less than a year and have logged less than 5,000 miles on total.

We will leave out the fact that he is driving in a better handling, better braking car with even more mods.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew what my "friend" forgot to mention is that he has been driving vipers since 2002. In fact, he has logged probably close to 80,000 miles in the various vipers he has owned. Furthermore, he has attended at least 5 Viper days.

In contrast, this was my first viper days in my first viper, that I have owned less than a year and have logged less than 5,000 miles on total.

We will leave out the fact that he is driving in a better handling, better braking car with even more mods.

And the plot thickens.:omg:

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HA! and your BS Thickens! 1st please take a moment to admit just how many track events you have already done with this LIKE NEW VIPER (aka no worn out parts, just a mods.. like exhaust, light weight rims, race tires... etc..) So while mine might be newer, its got more "wear and tear" on it then your prestine 5k car. Course those 5k miles did most likely originate at the track.. but you can try to hide that too.

And while "viper days" was the your first "viper days" it was by NO MEANS your first track event. Many hours and days have been logged with your car on various tracks, and even this one prior to viper days. So why painting "viper days" on it somehow changes the track, and your experience with other track events, in your head, no one will really understand.

No my "friend" your car has seen far more events then mine (at that point mine had seen none), yours were all recent history (therefore giving you the greatest residual value from the experience gained) and to top it off, you had already been at that very track less then a month prior.

Yeah good try.. all that advantage and you still lost.

When you wanna go drag racing? Lets end this... and your clammering..:crazy2:

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And while "viper days" was the your first "viper days" it was by NO MEANS your first track event. Many hours and days have been logged with your car on various tracks, and even this one prior to viper days. So why painting "viper days" on it somehow changes the track, and your experience with other track events, in your head, no one will really understand.

No my "friend" your car has seen far more events then mine (at that point mine had seen none), yours were all recent history (therefore giving you the greatest residual value from the experience gained) and to top it off, you had already been at that very track less then a month prior.

Yeah good try.. all that advantage and you still lost.

When you wanna go drag racing? Lets end this... and your clammering..:crazy2:

Jonny boy depicts my TWO other track events like a lifetime of racing. From the accolades he wants to give me for my TWO previous events, you would think I should be mixing it up with Andretti and Danica Patrick. Obviously those TWO other events must have made up for the 75,000+ miles that he has in vipers, plus the numerous other track days he has driven. :dunno:;)

But here's the true picture of how much I spooked him with my stock viper. Supercharged boy has now run out to put on high flow cats and a corsa track exhaust. Maybe that will keep him from being passed by me at the next event. :rolaugh:

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what's next in this little exchange....... "my daddy can whip your daddy 'cause he has a tatoo" ??!!? :hitwithrock:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh shyte....Why the additions of the hfc and corsa eh???Was this "insurance" and an obviously result of being spooked on track:omg: :lmao: Methinks hes got ya on that one...Thanks for the laughs boys...:)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's next in this little exchange....... "my daddy can whip your daddy 'cause he has a tatoo" ??!!? :hitwithrock:

Why cant it just be two friends having fun at each others expense???Not everything guys do should be subject to armchair shrinks....

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha! You tell 'em Snake Bitten !!

And good try Robert, my "daddy" was the one who convinced me we needed to get after market exhausts to rid ourselves of the inside cabin heat issues that are all to apparent in gen 3's. So sorry, you werent close enough... not at all... for me to have to consider mods.. lol.. dont let your head match your stomach (in size).

And you're calling your car stock now? Hmm.. exhaust mods, race tires, light weight rims, and other bolt ons, some how make you stock huh ? hmm.. ok.. I'm stock too !!

Come on.. lets get this drag strip thing over with, we both know you'll lose there too. They have something coming up this Friday at great Lakes Drag strip, its near you I believe.

Lets end this tie :)

I'll be awaiting your excuse as to why you cant.

You're Daddy,

Jon

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on.. lets get this drag strip thing over with, we both know you'll lose there too. They have something coming up this Friday at great Lakes Drag strip, its near you I believe.

Lets end this tie :)

I'll be awaiting your excuse as to why you cant.

You're Daddy,

Jon

I'll be attending the last club autocross this weekend. :drive: I know you may have blocked out the painful memories of losing to me at the last autox :crazy2: but you may want to consider coming out this weekend. Getting your a$$ kicked again wil be a good way to keep that massive ego in check :chair: at the very least it should match your girlish 125# physique :poke: