Considering selling my 09 SSG ACR?

sick acr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife quit her job and I live in Montana. Car will sit for the next six months due to weather. A little torn here to say the least. It was previously damaged and the title reflects that. (rebuilt salvage mt title)I paid 57k for it and put another 7k into it. Anyone think 64K is too high? I think Ill list it on ebay. Any insight or advice appreciated. Car is beautiful and we drove it alot this summer. Only had 4k miles on it now has 7500. I had an inspection done before I bought it. Runs, drives looks amazing. Plastic damage and replaced with new dodge parts. Damaged during a track day as i was told. (tire barrier) I had to put on tires, front splitter and a new window regulator. Please call 406 781 1547 with questions.

Attachments

• ACRVIPER-slr-6.jpg
    ACRVIPER-slr-6.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 200
  • ACRVIPER-slr-5.jpg
    ACRVIPER-slr-5.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 203
  • ACRVIPER-slr-4.jpg
    ACRVIPER-slr-4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the car when it was at copart insurance auction. Was too much damage for me to buy and rebuild. I also remember the ebay ad and all the miss information. Car had severe frame damage and ad plainly stated no frame damage. Word of advice since your trying to sell on the forum be as honest as possible about any damage you found repaired after buying and any little things still wrong with her.

Oh Imo this previous salvage acr will never bring more than 59k Imo. My perfect 09 acr with tasteful mods just sold on ebay at no reserve with a good ad and great pics and a rarer Color than ssg only brought 65600.

Best of luck shes a nice one

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought an ACR. I wouldn't be interested at any price over 30k with previous frame damage. Without frame damage but with a reconstructed title, I'd be willing to pay 50k if the work was done right.

OP
OP
S

sick acr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
inspection showed no frame damage. but appreciate everyone's opinion. car runs drives and tracks perfectly. ive logged almost 4k miles. i purchased oem dodge front splitter. I was attracted to the low miles and price.(only way i could own one) I purchased it already repaired. And i remember your blue acr, higher miles if i remember but very clean. someone got a great deal on that one. thanks for the feedback looks like it will stay in the garage till spring.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the car when it was at copart insurance auction. Was too much damage for me to buy and rebuild. I also remember the ebay ad and all the miss information. Car had severe frame damage and ad plainly stated no frame damage. Word of advice since your trying to sell on the forum be as honest as possible about any damage you found repaired after buying and any little things still wrong with her.

Oh Imo this previous salvage acr will never bring more than 59k Imo. My perfect 09 acr with tasteful mods just sold on ebay at no reserve with a good ad and great pics and a rarer Color than ssg only brought 65600.

Best of luck shes a nice one

Not to hijack, but I never thought much of the lighter blue shade until I saw your ACR. That thing was SICK!!! I was seriously considering it to be honest.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BMW, what kind of miles did you have, selling for $65k? I've never heard on a Gen IV ACR going for that low? Just curious as I am interested in 1 I've found for $79k with 7,500 miles stock. I thought that was good but its $15k more than you sold for???? thanks, John

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BMW, what kind of miles did you have, selling for $65k? I've never heard on a Gen IV ACR going for that low? Just curious as I am interested in 1 I've found for $79k with 7,500 miles stock. I thought that was good but its $15k more than you sold for???? thanks, John

20k miles with previous damage repaired. Front end damage when a truck backed into it or so. It had some good $$ wrapped up into mods like Motons etc. IMO the price it sold for was cheap. I would have paid more if I didn't already have mine.

I remember seeing yours for sale too before it was bought, fixed and put on eBay. I recall the front passenger side smacked up? I am sure I have pics somewhere. Good luck with the sale, love SSG ACRs.
:drive:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sick acr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes he sent me pictures before the repair was done. thanks for the information and please send any pics u have to [email protected]. I only got a couple. I wouldn't have bought it if it had frame damage (ie money well spen for inspection) either, something about 180mph on a repaired frame doesn't sit good with me. I appreciate the fact someone took the time to repair this car the right way so regular guys such as myself can afford to own it. To me a car that has had some damage repaired correctly doesn't bother me at all when I can save 20-30k on a super low mileage car. Thanks for everyone's input. Looks like ill just have to go to the garage and sit in it every once in awhile. Hope its a short winter!!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah My car had previous paintwork when a guy backed his truck into the front bumper. But mine was never a salvage title car guys insurance had to pay to repair it for the original owner( front bumper and hood were damaged). Yep had 19300 miles when I sold her. I was def expecting around 70-72k but thats the way things go in the Viper world. I loved that ACR more than any other Viper Ive had yet and still not sure why I let it go. HA and the guys lucky I was raised up to honor a deal cause I wanted to back out after the auction was over but I did the right thing and let him have her. Oh well my next one will be another regular coupe so I can slammmm that beeotch without worrying about a $5k splitter =-)

Not doubting your inspection man but Ive rebuilt a few vipers and know a good deal about them and that front was back and over pretty good when she was at copart auction not saying it had frame damage cause I didnt lay eyes on her but Im very shocked. But hey congrats make your car even better!!! And trust me if you sell you will regret so hang on to the old girl =-)

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh if you want to see all the pics of your car at the auction just google the vin and check some of the links that show up. Should find the old auction pics somewhere there.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmao love the eye roll v10. That's the damage on my old ride.

To the op I'm sorry if I come off the wrong way about your acr. I just assumed there was pretty severe frame damage when it was at copart then when it showed on ebay and selling as no previous frame damage it just bugged me cause I'm big on telling as much truth in my selling ads as I can even if it turns buyers away. Your car is sweet and id love to own it myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sick acr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took no offense. However I understand the eye roll from V-10 (thanks). Your own words pretty strong though "Car had severe frame damage and ad plainly stated no frame damage". I wouldn't have made that claim of your car unless I inspected it personally and had I seen your car i would have bought it! Very nice! Whats next?